Australia Work Permit
You will face issues that probably did not even cross your mind when you decided to go for job search in Australia. Do not underestimate the big impact the Australia work permit can have on the result of your adventure! For example, you will experience the different immigration rules and practices, job application procedures, the selection trends and the management culture.
Most visits to Australia are trouble-free but you should be aware of the risk of indiscriminate terrorist attacks, which could be against civilian targets, including places frequented by expatriates and foreign travelers like restaurants, hotels, clubs and shopping areas. In recent years, the Australian authorities have carried out a number of investigations and operations against terrorist networks.
You should exercise a high level of security awareness and monitor local news broadcasts and consular messages. Making local contacts quickly and seeking support from other expatriates will greatly increase your comfort and safety.
Passport and Australia Work Permit
Valid passports are required by all nationals.
Australia Work Permit
It is important to obtain in advance the correct visa that gives you the right to work in Australia. In most cases, job seekers from overseas must find an employer willing to apply to the immigration authorities on their behalf well in advance of the job's starting date, while they are still in their home country. Technically, you are not allowed to enter Australia to look for work.
Most employers, who are subject to heavy fines if they hire illegally, will not offer a job to a foreigner who does not possess the Australia work permit
The Australia work permit process usually works this way:
- You find an Australia employer and s/he agrees to hire you subject to a work permit being approved.
- The employer applies for a work permit for you. This process usually depends on what country the job is in, what country you are from and what your skills or education is.
- If the permit is approved, you will probably receive such a document. Often the permit or its copy is necessary for obtaining a visa.
- Upon arrival at your place of employment, you may be required to register with the local police and perhaps pay some fee.
- If you change jobs, you must start the process all over again.
Contact the Embassy of Australia in your home country for more details about Australia work permit
Other Australia Work Permit Info
Do not forget to take a look at Australia dress code because how you dress is the one of the most important attribute in being hired.
Good luck with your Australia work permit!