Architect Occupation, Job and Career
Architect Nature of Work
Architects conceptualize, plan and develop designs for the construction and renovation of commercial, institutional and residential buildings. Architectural firms, private corporations and governments, employ architects or they may be self-employed.
Architect Work Conditions
Architects usually work in a comfortable environment. Most of architect’s time is spent in offices consulting with clients, developing reports and drawings, and working with other architects and engineers. Architects need to keep up with changing trends in the construction industry and the community. Architects often visit construction sites to review the progress of projects. They have considerable contact with the public.
Architect Personal Requirements
- able to analyze problems logically
- creative flair
- good communication skills
- interest in design
Architect Employment Requirements
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited school of architecture
- A master's degree in architecture may be required
- Completion of a three-year internship under the supervision of a registered architect
- Completion of the architect registration examination
- Registration with the association of architects
Architect Duties and Tasks
Architects may perform the following tasks:
- discuss designs and cost estimates with clients and others involved in the project, including engineers, quantity surveyors, landscape architects and town planners
- discuss requirements of clients or builders and prepare a brief
- obtain necessary approvals from authorities
- prepare sketch drawings, production drawings and detailed drawings. These can be undertaken by hand or by using computer-aided design (CAD) equipment, and combine structural, mechanical and artistic elements
- prepare specifications and contract documents, specifying building materials and construction equipment
- observe, inspect and monitor building work, to make sure that it is progressing according to the contract and specifications
- evaluate projects once they are completed and occupied
Architects may also be involved in project feasibility studies, strategic asset investigations, heritage studies, urban planning, interior design or landscape design.
Architect Example Titles
- Chief Architect
- Consulting Architect
- Residential Architect
Architect Related Occupations
- Building Contractors
- Civil Engineers
- Construction Project Managers
- Interior Designers
- Landscape Architects
- Naval architects
- Structural engineers
- Architectural Drafters
- Property Developers
- Quantity Surveyors
- Town Planners
Architecture Related Industries
Architect Related Resumes
- Architect Designer resume sample in the combined format
- Architect resume sample in the functional format
- Draftsman resume sample in the combined format
- Estimator resume sample in the combined format
- Interior Designer resume sample in the combined format
- Structural Engineer resume sample in the functional format
You may search for architecture careers or architect occupation right now, but when you find one you must apply immediately for it with your current CV or resume. We recommend that you have your cover letter ready too. So, do not forget about our resume writing, CV writing and cover letter writing advises.
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
After completion of your job application, resume or CV and cover letter you should submit them to headhunters and recruiters in places where you want to work.
When a potential employer invite you for an interview, you need to prepare yourself to win at the interview and get the job you want.
Other Architect Occupation Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with architect occupation!