Company Man Occupation, Job and Career
Company Man Nature of Work
A company man is representative of the oil company or operator on a drilling location. For land operations, the company man is responsible for operational issues on the location, including the safety and efficiency of the project. Even administrative managers are expected to respond to the direction of the company man when they are on the rigsite. Offshore, depending on the regulatory requirements, there may be an offshore installation manager, who supervises the company man on safety and vessel integrity issues, but not on operational issues.
Company men are employed by oil & gas drilling and well service contractors and by petroleum producing companies.
Company Man Work Conditions
Company men usually work long hard days on extended roster systems, and either outdoors in all weather conditions or underground. The work is generally hard and physically demanding.
There is little mobility for supervisors from well services to well drilling.
Company Man Personal Requirements
- Able to work as part of a team
- Aptitude for mechanics and able to handle machinery
- Be 18 years old (as it is a legal requirement on most mine and quarry sites)
- Clean police record
- Enjoy practical and manual activities
- Good organization skills
- Have a drug and alcohol clearance
- Pass a medical examination
- Physically fit
- Willing to work in remote areas under difficult conditions
Company Man Employment Requirements
- A two-year college diploma in petroleum engineering technology may be required
- Certificates in first aid, hydrogen sulphide awareness, blowout prevention, well control, workplace hazardous materials information system (WHMIS), transportation of dangerous goods (TDG) or other safety and technical subjects are required and are obtained by completing short courses
- Completion of college or Petroleum Industry Training Service (PITS) courses is required
- Completion of secondary school is required
- Extensive experience of up to eight years in the occupations supervised is required
Company Man Duties and Tasks
The company man may perform some or all of the following duties:
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- May set up machines and equipment
- Prepare production and other reports
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who drill for oil and gas, operate service rigs or provide oil and gas well services
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
Company Man Example Titles
- Company Representative
- Drilling Foreman
- Fracturing Supervisor
- Multi-Service Operator
- Well Services Crew Supervisor
Company Man Related Occupations
Oil and Gas Related Industries
Oil and Gas Related Resumes
You may search for oil and gas careers or right now, but when you find one you must apply immediately for it with your current CV or resume. We recommend that you have your cover letter ready too. So, do not forget about our resume writing, CV writing and cover letter writing advises.
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
After completion of your job application, resume or CV and cover letter you should submit them to headhunters and recruiters in places where you want to work.
When a potential employer invite you for an interview, you need to prepare yourself to win at the interview and get the job you want.
Other Company Man Occupation Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with company man occupation!