Construction Careers, Jobs and Occupations
Construction companies manufacture and/or provide building, developing, and/or general contracting materials or services.
Construction, erection and installation occupations include construction managers, project managers, site supervisors, surveyors, occupational health and safety inspectors, building inspectors, builders, carpenters and other personnel required for construction projects. Also includes salespeople for building supplies.
Construction managers, project engineers, and others, increasingly are called constructors. Constructors manage, coordinate and supervise the construction process from the conceptual development stage through final construction on a timely and economical basis. Given designs for buildings, roads, bridges or other projects, constructors oversee the organization, scheduling and implementation of the project to execute those designs. They are responsible for coordinating and managing people, materials, and equipment; budgets, schedules, and contracts; and safety of employees and the public.
On large projects, the owner hires a general contractor to manage all activities. Working for the general contractor, construction managers oversee the completion of all construction in accordance with the engineer’s and architect’s drawings and specifications and prevailing building codes. They arrange for trade contractors to perform specialized craftwork or other specified construction work.
On small projects, such as remodelling a home, a self-employed construction manager or skilled trade’s worker who directs and oversees employees often is referred to as the construction “contractor”.
In the construction management system, the owner hires a firm to oversee all aspects of the project. The management firm will then hire a general contractor to run the construction process and oversee construction of the structure. The major difference from the general contractor system is that the hired management firm, rather than the owner, works with the individual construction manager.
In the design-build system, the owners, architects, general contractors, and major subcontractors are brought together to cooperatively plan and design the project. The design-build group may be from an individual firm or a conglomeration of separate entities.
The construction manager participates during the design process and maybe in charge of the construction project once the design is agreed.
Construction Related Industries
Construction Careers Related Resumes
- Construction Equipment Sales Specialist resume sample in the combined format
- Construction Process Engineer resume sample in the chronological format
- Construction Safety Engineer resume sample in the combined format
- Cost Estimator resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Facilities Director resume sample in the combined format
- Facilities Manager resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Facility Manager resume sample in the combined format
- Facility Manager resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Project Assistant resume sample in the combined format
- Project Coordinator resume sample in the functional format
- Project Manager/Engineer resume sample in the combined format
- Project Manager/Superintendent resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Project Manager resume sample in the functional format
- Project Manager resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Project Manager Defense Technology resume sample in the combined format
- Project Management Professional resume sample in the combined format
You may search for construction careers or construction manager occupation right now, but when you find one you must apply immediately for it with your current CV or resume. We recommend that you have your cover letter ready too. So, do not forget about our resume writing, CV writing and cover letter writing advises.
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
After completion of your job application, resume or CV and cover letter you should submit them to headhunters and recruiters in places where you want to work.
When a potential employer invites you for an interview, you need to prepare yourself to win at the interview and get the job you want.
Other Construction Careers Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need to prepare a cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for a job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with construction careers!