Environmental Chemist Occupation, Job and Career
Environmental Chemist Nature of Work
Environmental chemists monitors pollutants, their products and natural chemicals, determines ways to reduce the bad effects of chemicals released into the environment and devises industrial processes which are environmentally friendly. Environmental chemists also conduct theoretical, experimental and applied research into basic chemical and biochemical processes to create or synthesize new products and processes.
Environmental Chemist Work Conditions
Environmental chemists may work alone or as part of a team of professionals and technicians. Environmental chemists work in laboratories or in the field, in offices and educational institutions. Depending on the type of laboratory, environmental chemist may have to handle dangerous or hazardous materials. Protective clothing and equipment are usually provided.
Environmental Chemist Personal Requirements
- able to think logically and creatively
- aptitude for accurate work
- enjoy laboratory or field work, and research
- enjoy scientific activities
- patience, perseverance and an enquiring mind
Environmental Chemist Employment Requirements
- A bachelor's degree in chemistry, biochemistry or in a related discipline
- A master's or doctoral degree is usually required for employment as a research chemist
- Licensing may be required
Environmental Chemist Duties and Tasks
Environmental chemists may perform the following tasks:
- conduct experiments to identify chemical composition and study chemical changes which occur in natural substances and processed materials
- conduct routine analyses in a process environment
- develop practical applications of experiments and research findings such as for the synthesis of new compounds for industrial, agricultural, veterinary and medical use
- supervise and coordinate the work of technical support staff
- take part in the marketing and financial reporting of substances, processes or product development
- test products and materials and prepare specifications and standards to ensure compliance with government health laws and quality standards
- undertake cost analysis, pricing and quality assurance exercises when developing new substances, processes and products
- undertake research and analysis to develop and test theories, techniques and processes
Environmental Chemists Example Titles
- Agricultural Chemist
- Food Chemist
- Oceanographic Chemist
- Pharmacological Chemist
- Physical Chemist
- Quality Control Chemist
- Soil Chemist
Environmental Chemist Related Occupations
- Chemical Engineers
- Molecular Biologists
- Environmental Engineer
Environmental Related Industries
Environmental Chemist Related Resumes
- Federal Air Marshall resume sample in the combined format
- Laboratory Manager resume sample in the combined format
You may search for environmental careers or environmental chemist occupation right now, but when you find one you must apply immediately for it with your current CV or resume. We recommend that you have your cover letter ready too. So, do not forget about our resume writing, CV writing and cover letter writing advises.
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
After completion of your job application, resume or CV and cover letter you should submit them to headhunters and recruiters in places where you want to work.
When a potential employer invite you for an interview, you need to prepare yourself to win at the interview and get the job you want.
Other Environmental Chemist Occupation Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with environmental chemist occupation!