Finance Careers, Jobs and Occupations
Finance companies that provide products and services to facilitate the flow of money, such as credit and related services; investment-related services; oversight services, including accounting, regulatory agencies, and data oversight; stock exchange; and associated marketing services.
Finance occupations include finance directors, CFO's, treasurers, budget directors, financial planners, investment bankers, investment advisors, credit managers, collection managers, economists, stockbrokers, traders, securities regulators, compliance officers, portfolio managers, mutual fund administrators and any position requiring completion of a securities course.
Almost every firm and organization has one or more financial managers who oversee the preparation of financial reports, direct investment activities, and implement cash management strategies.
The duties of financial managers vary with their specific titles, which include controller, treasurer or finance officer, credit manager, cash manager, and risk and insurance manager.
Controllers direct the preparation of financial reports that summarize and forecast the organization’s financial position, such as income statements, balance sheets and analyses of future earnings or expenses. Controllers also are in charge of preparing special reports required by regulatory authorities. Often, controllers oversee the accounting, audit and budget departments.
Treasurers and finance officers direct the organization’s financial goals, objectives and budgets. They oversee the investment of funds and manage associated risks, supervise cash management activities, execute capital-raising strategies to support a firm’s expansion, and deal with mergers and acquisitions.
Credit managers oversee the firm’s issuance of credit. They establish credit-rating criteria, determine credit ceilings and monitor the collections of past-due accounts.
Cash managers monitor and control the flow of cash receipts and disbursements to meet the business and investment needs of the firm.
Risk and insurance managers oversee programs to minimize risks and losses that might arise from financial transactions and business operations undertaken by the institution. They also manage the organization’s insurance budget.
Financial institutions, such as commercial banks, savings and loan associations, credit unions, and mortgage and finance companies, employ additional financial managers who oversee various functions, such as lending, trusts, mortgages, and investments, or programs, including sales, operations, or electronic financial services.
Finance Related Industries
Finance Careers Related Resumes
- Certified Financial Professional resume sample in the combined format
- CFO Commercial Finances resume sample in the combined format
- CFO Corporation resume sample in the combined format
- CFO Energy Company resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- CFO International resume sample in the combined format
- CFO Multinational resume sample in the combined format
- CFO resume sample in the functional format
- CFO Retail Chain resume sample in the combined format
- CFO Strategic Planning resume sample in the combined format
- CFO Technology resume sample in the combined format
- Chief Financial Officer resume sample in the functional format
- Chief Financial Officer resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Economist resume sample in the combined format
- Finance Manager resume sample in the combined format
- Fiscal Administrator resume sample in the combined format
- Program Finance Manager resume sample in the combined format
- Senior Economist resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Senior Trust Officer resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Treasury Sales Manager resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Vice President Finance resume sample in the combined format
- Vice President of Finance resume sample in the combined format
You may search for finance careers or finance occupations right now, but when you find one you must apply immediately for it with your current CV or resume. We recommend that you have your cover letter ready too. So, do not forget about our resume writing, CV writing and cover letter writing advises.
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
After completion of your job application, resume or CV and cover letter you should submit them to headhunters and recruiters in places where you want to work.
When a potential employer invite you for an interview, you need to prepare yourself to win at the interview and get the job you want.
Other Finance Careers Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with finance careers!