Graphic Arts Careers, Jobs and Occupations
Graphic Arts Careers
Graphic companies own, operate, engage in or sell graphic arts properties, services, products and replicas.
Graphic arts occupations include visual artists, graphic designers, creative directors, art directors, photographers, illustrators, medical illustrators, prepress operators, imaging technicians and other positions requiring knowledge of graphic design software. Does not include website designers, which are listed separately under Multimedia.
Artists create art to communicate ideas, thoughts or feelings. They use a variety of methods—painting, sculpting, or illustration—and an assortment of materials, including oils, watercolors, acrylics, pastels, pencils, pen and ink, plaster, clay, and computers. Artists’ works may be realistic, stylized or abstract and may depict objects, people, nature or events.
Artists generally fall into one of three categories. Art directors formulate design concepts and presentation approaches for visual communications media. Fine artists, including painters, sculptors, and illustrators create original artwork, using a variety of media and techniques. Multi-media artists and animators create special effects, animation or other visual images on film, on video, or with computers or other electronic media.
Art directors develop design concepts and review material that is to appear in periodicals, newspapers and other printed or digital media.
Fine artists typically display their work in museums, commercial art galleries, corporate collections and private homes. Some of their artwork may be commissioned, but most is sold by the artist or through private art galleries or dealers.
Usually, fine artists specialize in one or two art forms, such as painting, illustrating, sketching, sculpting, printmaking and restoring. Painters, illustrators, cartoonists and sketch artists work with two-dimensional art forms, using shading, perspective and color to produce realistic scenes or abstractions.
Illustrators typically create pictures for books, magazines, and other publications, and for commercial products such as textiles, wrapping paper, stationery, greeting cards and calendars. Increasingly, illustrators work in digital format, preparing work directly on a computer.
Medical and scientific illustrators combine drawing skills with knowledge of biology or other sciences. Medical illustrators draw illustrations of human anatomy and surgical procedures. Scientific illustrators draw illustrations of animal and plant life, atomic and molecular structures, and geologic and planetary formations.
Cartoonists draw political, advertising, social, and sports cartoons. Some cartoonists work with others who create the idea or story and write the captions.
Sketch artists create likenesses of subjects using pencil, charcoal or pastels.
Sculptors design three-dimensional artworks, either by molding and joining materials such as clay, glass, wire, plastic, fabric, or metal or by cutting and carving forms from a block of plaster, wood, or stone.
Printmakers create printed images from designs cut or etched into wood, stone or metal.
Painting restorers preserve and restore damaged and faded paintings.
Multi-media artists and animators work primarily in motion picture and video industries, advertising and computer systems design services.
Graphic Arts Related Industries
Graphic Arts Related Resumes
- Advertising Associate resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Advertising Executive resume sample in the combined resume format
- Advertising Sales Professional resume sample in the combined resume format
- Creative Marketing Director resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Director of informational Systems resume sample in the combined format
- Director of Marketing resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- General Manager Sales & Marketing resume sample in the combined format
- Graphic Artist resume sample in the combined format
- Graphic Design resume sample in the functional format
- Graphic Design Specialist resume sample in the combined format
- Graphic Designer resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Marketing and Advertising Professional resume sample in the combined format
- Marketing and Brand Manager resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Marketing Communications Manager resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Printing Press Operator resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Sales and Marketing Executive resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Senior Executive Marketing and Sales resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Senior Writer resume sample in the chronological format
- Senior Writer resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Tattoo Artist resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Vice President Marketing and Sales resume sample in the combined format
You may search for graphic arts careers or graphic arts occupation right now, but when you find one you must apply immediately for it with your current CV or resume. We recommend that you have your cover letter ready too. So, do not forget about our resume writing, CV writing and cover letter writing advices.
Before you start searching for graphic arts careers you need to prepare your resume or CV and cover letter.
- human CV writing services
Because CVs and resumes refer mainly to the past time with exception of your present job and employers are interested mostly in the future of they companies, often cover letters are more important or convincing to them then the accompanying resume or CV. So, prepare a cover letter.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
When your graphic arts job application consisting of your job cover letter and resume or CV is completed you are ready to submit them to employers and job recruiters in places where you want to work.
When a potential employer invite you for an interview, you need to prepare yourself to win at the interview and get the job you want.
Other Graphic Arts Careers Info
Good luck with graphic arts careers!