Insurance Agent Occupation, Job and Career
Insurance Agent Nature of Work
Insurance agents sell life, automobile, property, health and other types of insurance to individuals, businesses and public institutions. Insurance agents purchase insurance from a variety of companies on behalf of clients. Insurance agents are employed by individual insurance companies or are independent representatives of specific insurance companies. Insurance agents are employed by brokerage firms, or may work in partnerships or hold sole proprietorship.
Insurance Agent Work Conditions
Most insurance sales agents are based in small offices, from which they contact clients and provide information on the policies they sell. However, much of their time may be spent outside their offices, traveling locally to meet with clients, close sales or investigate claims. Agents usually determine their own hours of work and often schedule evening and weekend appointments for the convenience of clients.
Insurance Agent Personal Requirements
- able to pay attention to detail
- an aptitude for numbers and calculations
- good communication skills
- sound judgment
Insurance Agent Employment Requirements
- Completion of secondary school or
- On-the-job training and insurance industry courses and training programs are usually required
- Licensure by the insurance governing body
Insurance Agent Duties and Tasks
Insurance agents may perform the following tasks:
- collect and keep records of payments
- draw up a list of potential clients
- interview prospective clients to explain the details of an insurance policy and make recommendations on the amount and type of cover that may be taken
- make contact with these clients and see if they are interested in insurance
- market their services to increase their number of clients
- research and review available insurance products to make sure that the clients are given the best and most appropriate offer
Insurance Agent Example Titles
- Insurance Broker
- Insurance Sales Representative
Insurance Agent Related Occupations
- Financial Dealers
- Financial Planners
- Insurance Investigators
- Insurance Officers
- Insurance Underwriters
- Insurance Managers
- Real Estate Agents
- Sales Representatives
Insurance Related Industries
Insurance Agent Related Resumes
- Agent resume sample in the combined format
- Claims Representative resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Insurance Claims Representative resume sample in the combined format
- Outside Insurance Sales Representative resume sample in the combined format
You may search for insurance careers or insurance agent occupation right now, but when you find one you must apply immediately for it with your current CV or resume. We recommend that you have your cover letter ready too. So, do not forget about our resume writing, CV writing and cover letter writing advises.
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
After completion of your job application, resume or CV and cover letter you should submit them to headhunters and recruiters in places where you want to work.
When a potential employer invite you for an interview, you need to prepare yourself to win at the interview and get the job you want.
Other Insurance Agent Occupation Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with insurance agent occupation!