Lawyer Occupation, Job and Career
Lawyer Nature of Work
Lawyers provide advice, write documents such as contracts, wills and conduct negotiations on legal matters. Lawyers also plead cases, represent clients before tribunals and conduct prosecutions in courts of law. Lawyers are employed in law firms and prosecutor's offices.
Lawyer Work Conditions
Lawyers do most of their work in offices, law libraries and courtrooms. They sometimes meet in clients’ homes or places of business and when necessary, in hospitals or prisons. They may travel to attend meetings, gather evidence and appear before courts, legislative bodies, and other authorities.
Lawyer Personal Requirements
- able to understand, analyze and use facts quickly and logically
- able to work under pressure and deal with a variety of people
- good oral and written communication skills
- integrity and good character
Lawyer Employment Requirements
- A bachelor's degree from a recognized law school
- Successful completion of the written bar examination
- Licensing by the law society
Lawyer Duties and Tasks
Lawyers may perform the following tasks:
- appear in courts and tribunal hearings on behalf of clients
- conduct negotiations
- interview clients and recommend appropriate legal actions
- provide legal advice and draft legal documents
- research statutes and previous court decisions
Lawyer Example Titles
- Corporate Counsel
- General Counsel
- Law Partner
- Legal Advisor
Lawyer Related Occupations
- Law Clerks
- Legal Firm Managers
- Patent agents
Law Related Industries
All private and government industries i.e.
- Health / Medical
- Human Resources
- Telecom etc.
Law Related Resumes
- Attorney resume sample in the functional format
- Corporate Attorney resume sample in the combined format
- Corporate Litigator resume sample in the combined format
- Defense Attorney resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Editing Attorney resume sample in the functional format
- Law Firm Associate resume sample in the combined format
- Law Professional resume sample in the combined format
- Legal Assistant resume sample in the functional format
- Legal Counsel resume sample in the functional format
- Legal Intern resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Personal Defense Attorney resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Personal Injury Lawyer resume sample in the combined format
- Senior Counsel resume sample in the reverse chronological format
You may search for legal careers or lawyer occupation right now, but when you find one you must apply immediately for it with your current CV or resume. We recommend that you have your cover letter ready too. So, do not forget about our resume writing, CV writing and cover letter writing advises.
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
After completion of your job application, resume or CV and cover letter you should submit them to headhunters and recruiters in places where you want to work.
When a potential employer invite you for an interview, you need to prepare yourself to win at the interview and get the job you want.
Other Lawyer Occupation Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with lawyer occupation!