Legal Careers, Jobs and Occupations
Legal companies provide legal services
Legal occupations include lawyers, prosecutors, attorneys, general counsel positions, barristers and solicitors, judges, arbitrators, mediators, law professors, patent and trademark agents, law office administrators, articling clerks, paralegals, legal secretaries, court reporters, police officers, correctional officers, law enforcement personnel and security personnel.
The legal system affects nearly every aspect of our society, from buying a home to crossing the street. Lawyers form the backbone of this vital system, linking it to society in myriad ways. For that reason, they hold positions of great responsibility and are obligated to adhere to a strict code of ethics.
Lawyers, also called attorneys, act as both advocates and advisors in our society. As advocates, they represent one of the parties in criminal and civil trials by presenting evidence and arguing in court to support their client. As advisers, lawyers counsel their clients concerning their legal rights and obligations and suggest particular courses of action in business and personal matters. Whether acting as an advocate or an advisor, all attorneys research the intent of laws and judicial decisions and apply the law to the specific circumstances faced by their client.
The more detailed aspects of a lawyer’s job depend upon his or her field of specialization and position. Although all lawyers are licensed to represent parties in court, some appear in court more frequently than others.
Trial lawyers, who specialize in trial work, must be able to think quickly and speak with ease and authority. In addition, familiarity with courtroom rules and strategy is particularly important in trial work. Still, trial lawyers spend the majority of their time outside the courtroom, conducting research, interviewing clients and witnesses, and handling other details in preparation for trial.
Lawyers may specialize in a number of different areas, such as bankruptcy, probate, international, or elder law.
Those specializing in environmental law, for example, may represent public-interest groups, waste disposal companies or construction firms. These lawyers help clients prepare and file for licenses and applications for approval before certain activities may occur. In addition, they represent clients’ interests in administrative adjudications.
All private and government industries i.e.
- Health / Medical
- Human Resources
- Telecom etc.
Legal and Law Enforcement Related Resumes
- Certified Paralegal resume sample in the combined format
- Certified Protection Officer resume sample in the combined format
- Chief of Police resume sample in the combined format
- Court Office Administrator resume sample in the combined format
- Historical Researcher resume sample in the functional format
- Human Rights Research Associate resume sample in the functional format
- Law Enforcement Professional resume sample in the combined format
- Law Enforcement Software Developer resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Legal Secretary resume sample in the combined format
- Managing Attorney resume sample in the functional format
- Military Police Officer resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Patrol Police Officer resume sample in the combined format
- Police Officer Canine Handler resume sample in the combined format
- Police Officer Information Systems resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Police Officer resume sample in the combined format
- Product Legal Assistant resume sample in the combined format
- Professional Security Officer resume sample in the combined format
- Security Management Professional resume sample in the combined format
- Security Officer resume sample in the combined format
- Security Professional resume sample in the functional format
- Security Supervisor resume sample in the combined format
- Sheriff resume sample in the reverse chronological format
You may search for legal careers, legal occupation or lawyer occupation right now, but when you find one you must apply immediately for it with your current CV or resume. We recommend that you have your cover letter ready too. So, do not forget about our resume writing, CV writing and cover letter writing advises.
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
After completion of your job application, resume or CV and cover letter you should submit them to headhunters and recruiters in places where you want to work.
When a potential employer invites you for an interview, you need to prepare yourself to win at the interview and get the job you want.
Other Legal Careers Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need to prepare a cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for a job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with legal careers!