Pharmaceutical Careers, Jobs and Occupations
Pharmaceutical companies research, develop, produce, and sell chemical or biological substances for medical or veterinary use, including prescription and generic drugs, vitamins and nutritional supplements, drug delivery systems and diagnostic substances, and related products, equipment and services, including distribution and wholesale.
Pharmaceutical occupations include pharmacists, pharmaceutical sales representatives, medicinal chemists, clinical trial administrators, toxicology study managers, clinical research associates, regulatory affairs specialists and drug approval officers. Does not include pure research positions - see life science opportunities outside the drug industry - see Biotech / Biology.
Pharmacology is the study of how chemical substances interact with living systems. If these substances have medicinal properties, they are referred to as pharmaceuticals. The field encompasses drug composition, drug properties, interactions, toxicology and desirable effects that can be used in therapy of diseases.
Development of medication is a vital concern to medicine, but also has strong economical and political implications. To protect the consumer and prevent abuse, many governments regulate the sale and administration of medication.
Pharmacologists practice pharmacology as a science. Clinical pharmacology is the medical field of pharmacology.
Pharmacy is the profession of compounding and dispensing medication. More recently, the term has come to include other services related to patient care including clinical practice, medication review, drug information, etc. Law in various legislatures now mandates some of these new roles. Pharmacists, therefore, are the primary health professionals who optimize medication management to produce positive health-outcomes.
The symbols most commonly associated with pharmacy are the mortar and pestle.
Pharmaceuticals Related Industries
Pharmaceutical Related Resumes
- Clinical Director resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Clinical Pharmacist resume sample in the combined format
- Clinical Research Manager resume sample in the combined format
- Director of Sports Medicine resume sample in the combined format
- Pharmaceutical Sale Professional resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Pharmaceutical Sales Person resume sample in the combined format
- Pharmaceutical Sales Professional resume sample in the combined format
- Pharmaceutical Sales Professional resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Pharmaceutical Sales Representative resume sample in the combined format
- Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Pharmacist Assistant resume sample in the combined format
- Pharmacist Technician resume sample in the combined format
- Pharmacy Technician resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Retail Pharmacy Technician resume sample in the functional format
You may search for pharmaceutical careers or pharmaceutical occupation right now, but when you find one you must apply immediately for it with your current CV or resume. We recommend that you have your cover letter ready too. So, do not forget about our resume writing, CV writing and cover letter writing advices.
Before you start searching for pharmaceutical careers you need to prepare your resume or CV and cover letter.
- human CV writing services
Because CVs and resumes refer mainly to the past time with exception of your present job and employers are interested mostly in the future of they companies, often cover letters are more important or convincing to them then the accompanying resume or CV. So, prepare a cover letter.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
When your pharmaceutical job application consisting of your job cover letter and resume or CV is completed you are ready to submit them to employers and job recruiters in places where you want to work.
When a potential employer invite you for an interview, you need to prepare yourself to win at the interview and get the job you want.
Other Pharmaceutical Careers Info
Good luck with pharmaceutical careers!