Physiotherapist Occupation, Job and Career
Physiotherapist Nature of Work
Physiotherapists assess, treat and prevent disorders in human movement caused by injury and disease. Physiotherapists assess patients, plan, and carry out individually designed treatment programs to maintain, improve or restore physical functioning, alleviate pain and prevent physical dysfunction in patients. Physiotherapists are employed in hospitals, clinics, industry, sports organizations, rehabilitation centers and extended care facilities, or they may work in private practice.
Physiotherapist Work Conditions
Physiotherapists may work as part of a health care team, independently in private practice, within the school system or as industry consultants.
Physiotherapist Personal Requirements
- genuine interest in people
- good communication skills
- good health
- physically fit
- problem-solving skills
Physiotherapist Employment Requirements
- A university degree in physiotherapy and a period of supervised practical training
- A license or registration with a regulatory may be required.
Physiotherapists Duties and Tasks
Physiotherapists may perform the following tasks:
- assess the physical condition of patients to diagnose problems and plan appropriate treatment
- educate patients, their families and the community to prevent injury and disability and to lead healthy lifestyles
- maintain patient records
- perform spinal and peripheral joint mobilization and manipulation
- plan and implement community fitness programs
- re-train patients to walk or to use devices such as walking frames, splints, crutches and wheelchairs
- use a range of techniques to strengthen and stretch muscles and joints to improve patient mobility (perform massage, hydrotherapy, breathing and relaxation techniques)
- use equipment such as heat packs, exercise equipment, ice packs, ultrasound and electrotherapy to ease pain, reduce swelling and improve range of movement
Physiotherapist Example Titles
- Physical Therapist
- Registered Physiotherapist
- Research Physiotherapist
Physiotherapist Related Occupations
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Practitioner
- Occupational Therapist
- Physical rehabilitation technicians
Physiotherapist Related Industries
Physiotherapist Occupation Related Resumes
- Massage Therapist resume sample in the combined format
- Occupational Medicine Physician resume sample in the combined format
- Occupational Therapist resume sample in the functional format
- Occupational Therapy Assistant resume sample in the combined format
- Chiropractic Health Assistant resume sample in the functional format
- Physical Therapist resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Psychotherapist resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Psychotherapy Social Worker resume sample in the combined format
- Rehabilitation Director of Operations resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Therapeutic Support Worker resume sample in the combined format
- Vocational Rehabilitation Professional resume sample in the reverse chronological format
You may search for health / medical careers or physiotherapist occupation right now, but when you find one you must apply immediately for it with your current CV or resume. We recommend that you have your cover letter ready too. So, do not forget about our resume writing, CV writing and cover letter writing advises.
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
After completion of your job application, resume or CV and cover letter you should submit them to headhunters and recruiters in places where you want to work.
When a potential employer invite you for an interview, you need to prepare yourself to win at the interview and get the job you want.
Other Physiotherapist Occupation Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with physiotherapist occupation!