Plastic Technician Occupation, Job and Career
Plastic Technician Nature of Work
Plastic and rubber technicians supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who operate processing machines and who fabricate, assemble and inspect rubber or plastic products. Plastic and rubber technicians are employed by rubber and plastic products manufacturing companies and in plastic parts divisions of other manufacturing companies.
Plastic Technician Work Conditions
Plastic and rubber technicians are trained to handle industrial quantities of chemicals safely, efficiently and with no environmental harm. Safety training and awareness are given high priority and employers provide all the required protective equipment.
Plastic Technician Personal Requirements
- able to follow written instructions
- able to work as part of a team
- aptitude for computerized work
- enjoy practical and manual activities
- good communication skills
- good hand-eye coordination
- good numeracy skills
- good problem-solving and analytical skills
- mechanical aptitude
- physically fit
Plastic Technician Employment Requirements
- Completion of secondary school is usually required
- Post-secondary education in sciences or plastics technology may be required for some positions
- Several years of experience as a machine operator or an assembler in rubber or plastic products manufacturing
Plastic Technicians Duties and Tasks
Plastic and rubber technicians may perform the following tasks:
- check instruments and equipment to make sure of correct operation, and be aware of any abnormal operating conditions
- feed raw material and processing agents into plant machinery
- prepare and measure raw materials
- set controls and operate machinery
- take samples for testing, test products and record process data
Plastic Technician Example Titles
- Foreman, Extruding
- Supervisor, Injection-Molding
- Supervisor, Plastic Products Manufacturing
- Supervisor, Rubber Products Manufacturing
Plastic Technician Related Occupations
- Mineral Products Plant Technicians
- Petroleum and Gas Plant Operators
- Plastic Products Assemblers
- Plastics Processing Machine Operators
- Polymer Technicians
- Process Plant Equipment Operators
- Rubber Processing Machine Operators
Plastic Related Industries
Plastic Technician Related Resumes
- Journeyman Tool and Die Maker resume sample in the combined format
- Machine Operator resume sample in the functional format
- Machinist resume sample in the functional format
You may search for plastic technician occupation right now, but when you find one you must apply immediately for it with your current CV or resume. We recommend that you have your cover letter ready too. So, do not forget about our resume writing, CV writing and cover letter writing advises.
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
After completion of your job application, resume or CV and cover letter you should submit them to headhunters and recruiters in places where you want to work.
When a potential employer invite you for an interview, you need to prepare yourself to win at the interview and get the job you want.
Other Plastic Technician Occupation Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with plastic technician occupation!