Printing Careers, Jobs and Occupations
Printing companies print books, periodicals, newspapers, newsletters, pamphlets, financial documents, catalogs, direct mail, advertising inserts, labels, packaging, posters, calendars and custom publications.
Printing occupations include all positions in the printing, copying and scanning industries, including plant managers, press operators or printing machinists, pre-press operators, printing sales representatives and bindery operators
Printing is an industrial process for reproducing copies of texts and images, typically with ink on paper using a printing press. It is an essential part of publishing.
Books are usually printed today using the technique of offset printing and occasionally relief print.
A document can also be printed by a laser printer, inkjet, or other computer printer. In recent years, computer printing and industrial printing processes have converged, leading to the development of digital printing and on-demand printing.
The artistic process of printmaking is also known as printing, as is photographic printing.
Offset lithography, which transfers an inked impression from a rubber-covered cylinder to paper or other material, is the dominant printing process.
With gravure, the recesses on an etched plate or cylinder are inked and pressed to paper, producing an engraved design effect (intaglio).
Flexography is a form of rotary printing in which ink is applied to a surface by a flexible rubber printing plate with a raised image area.
Letterpress printing is the oldest form of printing, in which an inked, raised surface is pressed against paper, remains in existence only as specialty printing.
In addition to the major printing processes, plateless or nonimpact processes are coming into general use. Plateless processes - including digital, electrostatic and ink-jet printing - are used for copying, duplicating, and document and specialty printing, usually by quick and in-house printing shops, and increasingly by commercial printers for short-run jobs and variable data printing.
Printing Related Industries
Printing Related Resumes
- Journeyman Tool and Die Maker resume sample in the combined format
- Machine Operator resume sample in the functional format
- Machinist resume sample in the functional format
- Maintenance Technician resume sample in the combined format
- Maintenance Technician resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Plant Mechanic resume sample in the combined format
- Plant Mechanic resume sample in the functional format
- Plant Operations Supervisor resume sample in the combined format
- Printing Machinist Occupation
- Printing Press Operator resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Production Assistant resume sample in the combined format
- Production Operator resume sample in the combined format
- Production Supervisor resume sample in the functional format
- Workshop Foreman resume sample in the combined format
You may search for printing careers or printing machinist occupation right now, but when you find one you must apply immediately for it with your current CV or resume. We recommend that you have your cover letter ready too. So, do not forget about our resume writing, CV writing and cover letter writing advices.
Before you start searching for printing careers you need to prepare your resume or CV and cover letter.
- human CV writing services
Because CVs and resumes refer mainly to the past time with exception of your present job and employers are interested mostly in the future of they companies, often cover letters are more important or convincing to them then the accompanying resume or CV. So, prepare a cover letter.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
When your printing job application consisting of your job cover letter and resume or CV is completed you are ready to submit them to employers and job recruiters in places where you want to work.
When a potential employer invite you for an interview, you need to prepare yourself to win at the interview and get the job you want.
Other Printing Careers Info
Good luck with printing careers!