Purchasing Agent Nature of Work
Purchasing agents purchase general and specialized equipment, materials and services for use or for further processing by their employers, such as industrial, commercial or government establishments.
Purchasing Agent Work Conditions
Purchasing agents have a high level of contact with suppliers and other work areas within their employing organization.
Purchasing Agent Personal Requirements
- aptitude for working with computer systems
- enjoy clerical and administrative activities
- good organizational and communication skills
- good planning skills
Purchasing Agent Employment Requirements
- A bachelor's degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce or economics
- previous experience as a purchasing or an administrative clerk may be required
Purchasing Agent Duties and Tasks
Purchasing agents may perform the following tasks:
- attend sales demonstrations
- check supplier operations at their place or on-site
- contact suppliers to obtain information on price, quality and delivery capabilities for the goods/services they require
- decide which products to buy, place orders and follow these up to make sure that they are delivered to the right place at the right time
- find reliable sources to supply goods and services
- look at and recommend potential new sources or alternative materials, prices and products
- look at product catalogues and trade journals
- meet with sales representatives from the various suppliers to compare their products and companies
- negotiate contractual conditions and prices with suppliers
- use computers to plan material requirements and to record details of goods ordered and received, costs of products and supplier information
Purchasing Agent Example Titles
- Procurement Officer
- Purchasing Officer
Purchasing Agent Related Occupations
- Purchasing Clerks
- Purchasing Managers
- Retail Buyers
- Sales Representatives
- Wholesale Buyers
Purchasing Related Industries
Purchasing Related Resumes
- Marketing and Distribution Professional resume sample in the combined format
- Purchasing Administrator resume sample in the functional format
- Purchasing Agent Assistant resume sample in the combined format
- Purchasing Agent resume sample in the combined format
- Purchasing Professional resume sample in the combined format
- Supply Officer resume sample in the combined format
- Warehouse Supervisor resume sample in the combined format
You may search for purchasing agent occupation right now, but when you find one you must apply immediately for it with your current CV or resume. We recommend that you have your cover letter ready too. So, do not forget about our resume writing, CV writing and cover letter writing advises.
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
After completion of your job application, resume or CV and cover letter you should submit them to headhunters and recruiters in places where you want to work.
When a potential employer invite you for an interview, you need to prepare yourself to win at the interview and get the job you want.
Other Purchasing Agent Occupation Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with purchasing agent occupation!