Sales Assistant Occupation, Job and Career
Sales Assistant Nature of Work
Sales assistants sell, rent or lease a range of technical and non-technical goods and services directly to consumers. Stores and other retail businesses, wholesale businesses that sell on a retail basis to the public, employ them.
Sales Assistant Work Conditions
Some sales assistants work on a commission basis, which means that they are paid for each product, or number of products, that they sell. Sales assistants are on their feet most of the day, attending to customers, finalizing sales and tidying display units. They may work long hours and be required to work at night and on weekends.
Sales Assistant Personal Requirements
- a helpful, courteous manner
- able to deal accurately with money
- enjoy working with people
- good communication skills
- motivation and drive
- neat appearance
- no skin disorders if working with food
- willing to work as part of a team
Sales Assistant Employment Requirements
- Completion of secondary school may be required
- Demonstrated sales ability and product knowledge are usually required for sales assistants who sell complex or valuable merchandise, such as automobiles, antiques or computers.
Sales Assistants Duties and Tasks
Sales assistants may perform the following tasks:
- advise customers on the location, selection, price, delivery, use and care of goods available from the store, with the aim of encouraging them to buy and to return to buy in the future
- arrange for the repair of damaged goods, or advise on needed repairs
- be aware of health, safety and welfare issues and practices
- operate cash registers and accept payment, or prepare finance arrangements through, for example, invoices and contracts
- order items
- package goods for customers and arrange delivery
- participate in stocktaking
- price, stack and display items for sale, and keep the store tidy and attractive
- take special orders for items not currently in stock, or not normally stocked and notify customers when the items have arrived
Sales Assistant Example Titles
- Car Salesperson
- Clothing Salesperson
- Cosmetic Consultant
- Counter Clerks
- Delicatessen Assistant
- Fashion Sales Assistant
- Hardware Sales Assistant
- Pharmacy Sales Assistant
- Retail Sales Associate
- Retail Sales Clerk
Sales Assistant Related Occupations
- Bank Clerks
- Customer Service Representatives
- Retail stock clerks
Sales Related Industries
Sales Assistant Related Resumes
- Direct Sales Representative resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Field Sales Representative resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Inside Sales Professional resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Inside Sales resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Inside Sales Specialist resume sample in the combined format
- Inside Sales Support Representative resume sample in the combined format
- Lead Sales Associate resume sample in the combined format
- Merchandise Assistant resume sample in the combined format
- Merchandising Representative resume sample in the combined format
- Outside Sales Representative resume sample in the combined format
- Parts Counter Sales resume sample in the combined format
- Retail Sales Associate resume sample in the reverse chronological format
You may search for sales careers right now, but when you find one you must apply immediately for it with your current CV or resume. We recommend that you have your cover letter ready too. So, do not forget about our resume writing, CV writing and cover letter writing advises.
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
After completion of your job application, resume or CV and cover letter you should submit them to headhunters and recruiters in places where you want to work.
When a potential employer invite you for an interview, you need to prepare yourself to win at the interview and get the job you want.
Other Sales Assistant Occupation Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with sales assistant occupation!