Telecom Careers, Jobs and Occupations
Telecom companies provide voice, data and video communications services.
Telecom occupations include cable, wireline, wireless, broadcasting managers, telecommunications engineers, telecommunication technicians, telephony analysts, switch technicians, network engineers, network engineers, fiber optic engineers and technicians, network support analysts, TCP/IP engineers.
Telecommunication is the extension of communication over a distance. In practice, it also recognizes that something may be lost in the process; hence, the term 'telecommunication' covers all forms of distance and/or conversion of the original communications, including radio, telegraphy, television, telephony, data communication and computer networking.
The elements of a telecommunication system are a transmitter, a medium (line) and possibly a channel imposed upon the medium (baseband and broadband), and a receiver. The transmitter is a device that transforms or encodes the message into a physical phenomenon - the signal. The transmission medium, by its physical nature, is likely to modify or degrade the signal on its path from the transmitter to the receiver. The receiver has a decoding mechanism capable of recovering the message within certain limits of signal degradation. In some cases, the final "receiver" is the human eye and/or ear and the recovery of the message is done by the brain.
Telecommunication can be point-to-point, point-to-multipoint or broadcasting, which is a particular form of point-to-multipoint that goes only from the transmitter to the receivers.
Early telecommunication systems were predominantly based on analog electronic circuit design and used a single encoding technique. The introduction of mass-produced digital integrated circuits has enabled telecom engineers to take full advantage of information theory and simultaneously use multiple encoding techniques. From the demands of telecom circuitry, a whole specialist area of integrated circuit design has emerged called digital signal processing.
Telecom Related Industries
Telecom Related Resumes
- Broadcast Journalist resume sample in the combined format
- Broadcaster resume sample in the combined format
- Communications Manager resume sample in the combined format
- Communications Specialist resume sample in the combined format
- Mass Media Specialist resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Media Relations Director resume sample in the combined format
- President Multimedia resume sample in the combined format
- Project Implementation Manager resume sample in the combined format
- Radio On Air resume sample in the combined format
- SAP Project Manager resume sample in the combined format
- Satellite Systems Operator resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Senior Telecommunications Manager resume sample in the combined format
- Systems Engineer resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Telecom and IT Manager resume sample in the combined format
- Telecom Senior Manager resume sample in the combined format
- Telecommunications Manager resume sample in the functional format
- Telecommunications Professional resume sample in the combined format
- Telecommunications Professional resume sample in the functional format
- Telecommunications Sales Manager resume sample in the combined format
- Telecommunications Technician resume sample in the combined format
- Television Reporter resume sample in the combined format
You may search for telecom careers right now, but when you find one you must apply immediately for it with your current CV or resume. We recommend that you have your cover letter ready too. So, do not forget about our resume writing, CV writing and cover letter writing advises.
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
After completion of your job application, resume or CV and cover letter you should submit them to headhunters and recruiters in places where you want to work.
When a potential employer invite you for an interview, you need to prepare yourself to win at the interview and get the job you want.
Other Telecom Careers Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with telecom careers!