Transportation Manager Occupation, Job and Career
Transportation Manager Nature of Work
Transportation managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operational activities in road, rail, air and water transport. Transportation managers are employed by transportation, freight forwarding and shipping companies and by transportation departments of companies in retail and manufacturing sectors and utilities.
Transportation Manager Work Conditions
Transportation managers usually work indoors in offices. When assessing an organization’s systems, they may have to work at that organization’s premises.
Transportation Manager Personal Requirements
- able to work under pressure
- good communication skills
- good managerial and organizational skills
Transportation Manager Employment Requirements
- A bachelor's degree in business administration or engineering is usually required
- Several years of experience in transportation operations are usually required
- Extensive experience as a supervisor and operator in a particular transport mode, such as a pilot, train engineer, vessel master or truck driver, may substitute for formal education
- Certification as an operator of a particular mode of transportation, such as commercial pilot, vessel master or truck driver, is usually required
Transportation Manager Duties and Tasks
Transportation managers may perform the following tasks:
- coordinate transport and related staff
- devise or approve methods and procedures for operating freight and passenger services, time schedules and routes
- help to develop transport operating policy
- review passenger and freight rate structures where these are not controlled by government agencies and transport associations
Transportation Manager Example Titles
- Bus Company Manager
- Flight Operations Manager
- Freight Forwarding Manager
- Marine Superintendent
- Railway Freight Manager
- Traffic Manager
- Transport Department Manager
- Urban Transit System Manager
Transportation Manager Related Occupations
- Airport Managers
- Harbor Masters
- Logistics Managers
- Maintenance Managers
- Office Administrators
- Operation Managers
- Purchasing Officers
Transport Related Industries
Transport Related Resumes
- Transportation Human Resources Manager resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Transportation Operations Manager resume sample in the combined format
- Transportation Operations Manager resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Transportation Planner resume sample in the combined format
- Transportation Regional Sales Manager resume sample in the reverse chronological format
- Transportation Security Specialist resume sample in the combined format
You may search for transportation manager occupation right now, but when you find one you must apply immediately for it with your current CV or resume. We recommend that you have your cover letter ready too. So, do not forget about our resume writing, CV writing and cover letter writing advises.
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
After completion of your job application, resume or CV and cover letter you should submit them to headhunters and recruiters in places where you want to work.
When a potential employer invite you for an interview, you need to prepare yourself to win at the interview and get the job you want.
Other Transportation Manager Occupation Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with transportation manager occupation!