Librarian Resume Sample
This chronological resume format lists job experience starting with your first job and ending with your most recent position and can highlight career growth. This format suit those whose career goals are clearly defined and whose job objectives align with their work history. Check the chronological resume advantages & disadvantages.
This resume is often confused with the reverse chronological resume that lists job experience starting with your most recent position and ending with your first job. For this reason, most employers prefer the reverse chronological resume format, which becomes the most popular resume format.
THE LIBRARIAN RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
|Street Address||Home: Phone #|
|City, ST ZipCode||E-mail: Email Address|
- Results-oriented professional with extensive experience in diverse areas of library science, research and retrieval, information desk management, cataloging, and documentation.
- Skilled in researching and retrieving information within library settings.
- Demonstrated excellent knowledge of research tools, library holdings, and the Dewey Decimal System.
- Ensuring compliance with library policies and procedures.
- Comprehensive background in records management, report generation, and data entry.
- Excellent leadership abilities concerning team initiatives.
|Philadelphia Public Library – Philadelphia , PA |
|1992 – 1997|
- Managed all facets of library science within a high volume branch.
- Researched library holdings and retrieved information relating to various research topics.
- Provided high level of support relating to all operational matters.
- Spearheaded the development of electronic database records for new materials.
- Executed the logging of bibliographic and circulation history successfully.
- Prepared paperwork related to the acquisition and return of nationwide inter-loan materials.
- Handled all areas of cataloging efficiently.
- Facilitated children's Read Aloud programs for small groups of elementary students.
|Erie Public Library – Erie, PA |
|1998 – present|
- Played a key role in identifying needs, researching diverse subjects, locating in-house materials, and securing resources through inter-library loans for all patrons.
- Maintained full responsibility for Community Information Reference collection.
- Utilized the Internet to answer reference questions on diverse subject matter.
Bachelor of Science, Library Science
Rutgers University – New Brunswick, NJ
If you have a difficulty with your resume writing, instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use:
Other Librarian Resume Sample Info
Good luck with the Librarian resume sample.