Accounts Payable Bookkeeper Resume Sample
This combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. This is an increasingly popular resume format.
In addition, you may search resume samples by industry or by career situation and enhance your resume with keywords by industry.
THE ACCOUNTS PAYABLE BOOKKEEPER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
BOOKKEEPER • ACCOUNTS PAYABLE / ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE OFFICER
A knowledge seeker, keen to maximize own professional value by learning and committing to full-time employment engagements. First-rate communicator, self-regulating worker. Acknowledged for capacity to meet deadlines, "get the numbers right," resolve persistent problems, and conceive cost and efficiency improvements for the financial well-being of business. Contract assignments have honed strengths in managing multiple tasks simultaneously, moving quickly and easily through projects, and adapting to different industries and people.
|• Accounts Payable ||• Accounts Receivable |
|• Cash Allocations ||• Bank & Statement Reconciliations |
|• Invoicing & Purchase Orders ||• Debt Collection/Payment Arrangements |
|• Customer Relationship Management ||• Office Protocol/Practice Compliance |
|• Inventory Control ||• Statistical Reporting |
|• Data Entry/Receipts/Invoices/Purchase ||• Payrol Administration || |
2002 - Present
Nationwide manufacturer and distributor of milk products.
Reported to: Credit Manager. Despite no experience with industry-specific SAP software, and minimal training on arrival in office procedures and protocols, achieved good results in recovering outstanding debt, and controlling credit for over 500 accounts with terms varying from COD to 30 days.
• Negotiated account settlements and periodic payment schedules with several long-term outstanding accounts, and effectively saved one major client from transitioning to a competitor. Largest account managed - $50,000.
• Resolved issues surrounding the issuing of credits for the organization's "free milk" incentive. Conceived as a reward for prompt payment, several account customers were disgruntled at not receiving credit reward due to their poor payment record.
• Diplomatically explained concept to account customers, smoothed "ruffled feathers" and further emphasized the benefits of prompt payment to strengthen business cash flows, and win incentives next cycle.
• Pursued long-term outstanding debtors and reopened stalled communications, encouraging a climate of understanding and service. In just 5 weeks, 12 of 15 outstanding accounts showed improvement.
1999 - 2002
Small information technology retailer/repairer, hardware/software advisory service, and internet service provider.
• Immediate challenge was to restore cash flows in ailing IT business impacted negatively by large market competitors. Seesaw turnovers dipping from $70,000 to a high of $300,000 monthly produced significant obstacles in meeting supplier payments and necessitated immediate action to connect the peaks and troughs of cash flows with accounts payable system.
• Administered financial books for 2 distinct companies (hardware installations/repair service and internet service provider). Processed bank reconciliations, entered receipts and data into the computerized system, and managed daily banking procedures.
• Established a routine customer follow-up system to encourage regular on-time payments and assure continued cash flows. Successfully achieved increased payment frequency from 97% of accounts.
• Revamped accounts payable function to prioritize payments to suppliers, maintain long-term loyalty, and aid cash flows.
Aged care provider with 160 full-time, temporary and contract staff on payroll. Areas of responsibility: Payroll, Group Tax, and Superannuation.
• Administered $160,000 payroll for 160 staff utilizing PERUSE software. Quickly mastered new system basics solely through personal tuition, and working autonomously became the first point of contact for staff inquiries and concerns. The payroll, returning in-house to save outsourcing expenditures was complex and bulky, and little was known of its operation.
• Appointed to secondary role as Health & Safety Officer; processed claims, initiated communications with injured workers and specialists, and created a "Back to Work" program.
Box Hill Institute of TAFE
Advanced Diploma of Business (Accounting)
Box Hill Institute of TAFE
Diploma of Business (Accounting)
Training includes hundreds of hours in on-the-job learning, process familiarization, and system orientation. Short course attended at VECCI in Telephone Techniques.
MYOB, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); Fax Works, SAP, Internet, Windows 2000/ME/98/95, LAN/WAN.
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
In recent years it become increasingly popular to join the LinkedIn or Facebook social networking websites for professionals, where you may search for jobs and have your keyword-optimized, rich content profile with current CV/resume. Hiring managers use them more frequently to consult your profile and supplement or check against the CV/resume you send along. If you do not have an account, create one and include your social media link(s) on your CV/resume.
However, you should manage your online presence. Eliminate any photos and statements that could reflect poorly on you. From an employer’s point of view, someone who emphasizes partying on a social networking site is not focused on jobs and those who post complaints about work or colleagues are less desirable candidates. Online CV/resume should not include sensitive information as they could show lack of respect for confidentiality and discretion.
Other Accounts Payable Bookkeeper Resume Sample Info
If your cover letter and resume are ready, you may email your Accounts Payable Bookkeeper resume through international job search to job recruiters worldwide.
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Check the job interview do & don't and other job search skills pages. Find out why people are not hired for available jobs.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
In addition, on job search, visas, work permit, cover letter, CV & resume, job interview and dress codes pages, you can find tips for many different countries.
Good luck with the Accounts Payable Bookkeeper resume sample.