Antiques Sales Manager Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective.
THE ANTIQUES SALES MANAGER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
Street Address, City, ST ZipCode, Country / Phone # Email Address
District Sales Manager
Antiques Sales Manager with 17 years experience in the antique and specialty home furnishings industry. Background includes sales management for 37 locations and an online retail store with combined annual sales of $67M. Ability to interact with architects, interior designers, antique dealers, furniture or hard goods agents, manufacturers, buyers, and wholesale managers. Community experience includes public relations activities that increase visibility and community relationships. Skilled in Internet sales and marketing techniques.
| || || |
|OLD SOUTH ANTIQUES, New Orleans, LA||1998 - Present|
District Sales Manager
Oversaw retail operations for 37 antique stores throughout the South. Trained store managers and sales staff, developing managerial talent by reviewing monthly productivity and identifying strategies for improvement. Promoted partnerships with vendors, private dealers, museums, and local communities. Directed regional sales and marketing campaigns.
- Implemented innovations to achieve sales quotas consistently, focusing on turnaround strategies for lagging stores, achieving sales of $67M.
- Developed Web-based catalog and online store to expand services beyond region.
- Spearheaded installation of standard POS terminals and procedures throughout all stores, improving inter-store inventory availability and sales trend data.
- Ensured proper staffing to establish high standards of customer service.
- Established a district-wide visual marketing theme to increase stores’ market presence.
|CAPITAL ANTIQUES, Jackson, MS||1992 - 1998|
Purchased specialty home furnishings, including architectural antiques, reproductions, cabinetry, and hardware for two locations, while managing a $1.2 million, 17,000 square foot architectural antiques and reproduction retail operation. Interacted with architects, contractors, interior designers, and the general public. Developed and maintained relationships with buyers, owners, and wholesale managers. Supervised two assistant managers and ten store employees.
- Grew the business by 140% in less than two years while significantly reducing expenses within the same period.
- Achieved 121% of quota for sales in 1997.
- Directed the design of the company’s Web site to support sales over the Internet.
- Implemented a continuing education program for staff members to improve skills and increase retention.
- Created advertising in Mississippi Monthly, Southern Living, and Cite Magazine, that increased Web and store traffic by 38%.
|ANTEBELLUM ANTIQUES, Natchez, Mississippi||1985 - 1992|
Managed daily operations of antique furniture store, specializing in plantation-era furnishings. Oversaw staff of five sales associates, maintaining schedules, performing evaluations, and conducting training sessions. Selected items for display at the company’s booth during preservation conventions, and antique and homebuilders’ shows. Merchandised the store and developed unique presentations.
- Implemented quota system, offering bonuses for exceeding goals and reducing staff turnover.
- Created brochures and catalogs to advertise products at trade shows and tourist sites.
- Initiated and implemented monthly lecture series, and obtained qualified guest speakers that attracted up to 75 participants per session.
- Organized benefit for the Preservation Alliance of Natchez to strengthen relationships with local historians and other antique dealers.
Bachelor of Arts (History), 1985
Jackson College, Jackson, Mississippi
National Historic Preservation Society
Preservation Alliance of Jackson
Preservation Alliance of Natchez
The Printing Museum of the South
The Mississippi Museum of Fine Arts
If you have a difficulty with your Antiques Sales Manager resume writing, instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use:
Other Antiques Sales Manager Resume Sample Info
Good luck with the Antiques Sales Manager resume sample.