Assistant Vice President Finance Resume Sample
This combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. This is an increasingly popular resume format.
THE ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT FINANCE RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
EXECUTIVE-LEVEL BUSINESS CONTROLLER
|Financial Auditing • Financial Management • Business Operations |
Process Re-engineering • Process Automation
|• Spearheaded redesign and implementation of improved P & L reporting processes, migrating from Excel to Access and resulting in decreased man-hours necessary to accomplish tasks, reduction in reporting inconsistencies, and increased speed of production for trading desk with more than $5B in market capitalization. Achieved increased efficiency and improved financial strength. |
• Created and implemented of SAS loan approval database for loans in excess of $1.5M. Standardization and centralization of processes led to significant decrease in number and amount of outstanding loans, as well as increased bottom-line profitability.
• Played key role in identification and mapping of all cost centers, on regional and global levels, in support of Deutsche Bank / Bankers Trust merger.
|• Goal- and detail-oriented with more than 5 years' experience in world-class, finance banking environment, producing daily P & L statements, month-end pricing, month-end close process, dealing with internal and external audit, interfacing with top management and trading desk personnel to achieve required and stated goals. |
• Automate desk top procedures using Excel or Access macros
Assistant Vice President / Business Area Controller
2000 - Present
|Equity Arbitrage/Convertibles Trading Desk |
• Direct all activities related to Business Controls, in assigned area, managing process automation, cost controls, budgeting, and other financial activities.
• Support trading desk by preparing daily P & L and reconciling any differences with front-end system information.
• Identify issues between front-end and back-end systems, research problems, and communicate with appropriate areas for correction.
• Calculate and explain P & L attribution and sensitivity measures using Greeks, and compute and explain buy and hold P & L.
• Close books at the end of month and prepare income, inventory, and balance sheet reconciliation.
• Assist in month-end pricing of trading desk's portfolio.
• Interface with Risk Control and provide necessary reports to ensure adherence to Bank's risk policy requirements.
• Consult with Internal and External audit personnel to review Controlling procedures and implement any resulting audit points.
1999 - 2000
|Assistant Vice President, Business Area Controller|
|Emerging Mkt., Fixed Income, OTC Derivatives, Operations Management & CRM IT Support Area |
• Developed Project-based budgets for IT support.
• Collected Master Data, Settlement Rules, and Time Tracking information to enable implementation of SAP Project System (newly rolled out in New York).
• Maintained and updated allocation methodologies and compute adjustments resulting from changes for implementation.
• Developed, generated, and distributed monthly P & L reports, including project status information and allocation to project managers and project beneficiaries.
• Maintained the General Ledger for IT support areas above including month-end closing.
• Provided ad hoc management accounting information, including monthly forecasts of fully loaded cost of the IT support areas above and allocations to the business lines.
Associate, Business Area Controller
|(All Operations Support Areas) |
• Formulated forecasts and operating budgets ($150M) for all Operations Cost Centers.
• Maintained the General Ledger for Operations including month-end book close and re-class of accounting entries to appropriate lines using SAP and Computron programs,
• Analyzed and explained Operation's allocations to the front office and indirect costs (allocations into Operations) to the Operations Managers
Board Staffing Services, Inc
1997 - 1998
1996 - 1998
Bombay Bank England Ltd
1990 - 1996
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION & TRAINING
Lubin School of Business
University Of Ghana
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
|Omicron Delta Epsilon - International Honor Society in Economics|
|Beta Gamma Sigma - National Honor Society in Business|
|Outstanding MBA Student - Profiled in Pace University brochure for 1997/1998|
|Student member of North American Chapter of Chartered Accountants of England|
|Bloomberg Professional, SAP FI/CO, Computron, Microsoft Word, Excel & Excel Macros, Access & Access Macros, PowerPoint, Hyperion EssBase, and the Internet for financial research|
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Assistant Vice President Finance Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Assistant Vice President Finance resume sample.