Building Construction Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective.
THE BUILDING CONSTRUCTION RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode
|Position utilizing over 15 years' experience in building construction.|
|• Manage all general maintenance duties, including can and spray painting, wallpapering, dry wall construction, and general grounds upkeep. |
• Troubleshoot and repair roof leaks and waterproofing problems, involving installation of exterior downspouts, replacement of drains and piping, and unclogging of drains and pipes.
• Supervise up to 10 employees with responsibility for interviewing, hiring, training, and evaluating staff and insuring a safe and accident-free work site.
• Perform residential and commercial roof construction and install siding and insulation.
• Handle a wide range of carpentry jobs, including building kitchen cabinets, constructing stairs, installing doors and frames, installing windows, constructing wheelchair-accessible ramps and handrails, and refinishing furniture.
• Install electrical wiring and fixtures in new construction and perform troubleshooting and repair on existing wiring, including balusters, end sockets, 110 utility outlets, light switches, and telephone lines.
• Repair and install plumbing for kitchens and bathrooms.
• Perform material handling responsibilities, including shipping, receiving, ordering, warehousing, and inventory control.
• Utilize computer for order entry, purchasing, inventory management, creating parts numbers and product descriptions, and updating shipment records.
• Operate forklift trucks, snowplows, mowers, and snow blowers.
Branch Harrison & Sons Construction, Spokane, Washington
1999 - Present
|Perform design and construction on new and retrofitted custom-made doors, cabinets, and staircases. Operate a variety of tools, including power saws, planers, jointers, routers, and pneumatic equipment.|
Eaglemann Construction, Spokane, Washington
1997 - 1999
|Assistant Building Foreman|
|Oversaw work crews on the construction of residential, commercial, and industrial buildings. Took projects from initial bid to occupancy. Played a key role in gutting and refurbishing a retail store into offices and showrooms.|
Soloman Building Warehouse, Spokane, Washington
1985 - 1996
|Managed the sale and distribution of commercial and residential construction supplies. Worked with building contractors and private customers.|
Soloman Building Warehouse
|Completed comprehensive Manager-in-Training Program|
Roosevelt High School
|Graduated with major in Building Trades|
If you have a difficulty with your Building Construction resume writing, instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use:
Other Building Construction Resume Sample Info
Good luck with the Building Construction resume sample.