|Accomplished marketing and business development executive with more than 15 years of achievement in Fortune 500 and start-up environments. In current role, nearly doubled sales in two years, to $130 million. |
|MANAGEMENT PROFILE |
- Strong executive management background includes strategic planning, team building, alliance building, board-level presentations and investor relations.
- Top-level marketing experience includes market analysis, client relations, product and market development, product management, global sales channels and marketing communications.
- Expertise in technology includes telecommunications, broadband, wireless and satellite communications, with successful marketing and operations track record in multiple sectors.
- Twice developed product development processes that vastly improved marketing efforts and enabled explosive growth, for both ABC (1996-1999) and 123 Technology (2000-present).
|123 Technology Corporation, New York, NY ||1999-present |
|123 supplies integrated circuits for fiber-optic transmission systems; sales of $130 million in 2001. |
|Vice President of Marketing (2000-present). Oversee all aspects of marketing, including product management, segment and strategic marketing, roadmaps, product definition, R&D, partnerships, M&A valuation, business plans, profitability and growth. Manage three direct reports in marketing. |
- Determine all project selection and resource allocation for marketing and product development.
- Drive and maintain strong industry-wide reputation for technical and service excellence, enabling 95% client retention rates and higher price points, despite economic downturn.
- Play key role in investor relations. Wrote substantial portions of S1 document for successful IPO in 2001 and script quarterly conference calls in conjunction with IR manager.
- Manage all MarCom activities, including tradeshows, PR, advertising, promotions, brochures, collateral development, white papers and press interactions.
- Built strategic marketing teams for two main segments: transport and framing/aggregation. Developed roadmaps in both segments to guide engineering staffing and planning toward sustained growth.
- Built product management team of professionals to accommodate five product lines and 20 launches, producing substantial revenue growth (from $70 million to $130 million within two years).
- Built supporting technical marketing to streamline system engineering and develop product strategy.
- Built Critical Success Factors tracking system to manage customer-focused interactions with required actions for marketing, sales and engineering. Created competitive advantage with resulting synergy.
|Executive Director of Marketing and Sales (1999-2000). Planned and managed all marketing and sales. |
- Drove 21-fold sales increase, from $3.4 million in 1998 to $20 million in 1999 and $72 million in 2000.
- Built scalable, worldwide sales force to support $70 million in revenue. Created all MarCom support for company, with FY 2001 budget of $3.5 million.
- Provided product definition roadmaps for new products in mixed-signal, VLSI and module product groups. Built highly responsive product-management organization to support all four product lines.
- Negotiated over $20 million in development and production contracts with tier-one telecom firms.
- Played essential role in opening and penetrating key new accounts, including Cisco and NABC.
- Managed real estate transactions, fitting and operational aspects for company headquarters during relocation from San Francisco, CA to New York, NY.
- Rapidly promoted from Director of Marketing and Sales (1999).
|ABC Corporation, San Francisco, CA ||1986-1999 |
|Firm is leading developer of optoelectronic components for cable TV networks; acquired by XYZ. |
|Marketing Engineer/Product Line Manager (1996-1999). Planned and managed development of firm’s first digital telecommunications products: 10Gb/s receiver and laser. |
- Co-developed and wrote business plan for new Telecommunications business unit in 1996.
- Led successful marketing and product development efforts that produced $15 million in new revenue by 1999, exceeding expectations by 50%. Initiated and negotiated all contracts.
- For Satellite Communications unit, helped grow sales to produce 30% of overall ABC business. Also managed design-in opportunities in satellite communications and microwave transmission.
- Managed account penetration at two tier-one telecommunications companies.
|Engineering Specialist (1993-1996). Played key troubleshooting and management role. |
- Advanced technology work included leading participation in WEST 40Gb/s DWDM consortium, ABC’s first effort in digital transmission. Received accolades as one of DARPA’s most successful efforts.
- Managed implementation team for ISO-9001, achieving first-pass success with no major violations in four months. Rapidly created and documented product development process that met ISO objectives.
- Saved 20% of company revenue in 1996 by rescuing major development contract: redesigned fiber-optic transmitter to meet requirements of leading cellular customer, resulting in patent award.
|Manager, Microwave Product Development (1990-1993). Managed all product development from technical perspective for 50% of ABC revenue. Managed three direct reports and numerous key projects. |
|Promoted from Senior Project Engineer and Project Engineer (1986-1990). |
|Project Engineer, MTS I, MTS II: Major Aircraft Corporation, El Capitan, CA ||1983-1986 |
|Handled product development and project work for microwave and millimeter wave transmission products. |
- Served as REA (project leader) for satellite millimeter wave receiver program, involving 12 engineers and $17-million budget. Also did advanced R&D in millimeter wave receiver technology.
- For outstanding efforts, received two promotions in less than four years.
- Masters of Business Administration: The Anderson School of Management, UCLA (1998).
Executive MBA program included field study of Sun Microsystems and 10 of its customers.
- Bachelor of Science: Electrical Engineering: Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA (1983). Chemical Engineering minor.
|PROFESSIONAL RECOGNITION |
|Co-holder of two patents, with 25 professional publications and presentations (1987-present). |