Career Counselor Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE CAREER COUNSELOR RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|Sixteen years of success in Hotel/Restaurant Management and Career Counseling positions. Extensive background in Human Resources Management including morale/welfare, education, and training. Able to assess problems and initiate corrective action. Skilled in communicating ideas and guidance on all levels. Adapt easily to fast-paced high-stress situations requiring attention to detail and follow-through. Outstanding and dedicated team player with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, interviewing techniques, and employee recruiting expertise. Able to motivate personnel to high performance standards and excellence. Skilled at organizing tasks and establishing priorities to increase efficiency and achieve maximum results from limited material and manpower resources. Effectively communicate with prospective employees, groups, and the community.|
U.S. Navy, Naval Telecommunicator, Hampton Roads, Virginia
1997 - 2000
|Command Career Counselor|
|• Proven record as an effective administrator, counselor, and personnel manager supervising a staff of 90. |
• Knowledge of software/database including Word, WordPerfect, Excel, and Powerpoint.
• Developed and directed standardization of employee policies, maintained statistics, generated reports, and upgraded retention program.
• Organized, trained, motivated, and provided extensive career counseling and guidance to 254 personnel.
• Provided vital statistics and data for a mentoring program pertaining to women. Assisted in the making of an education/training film.
• Polished oral and writing skills. Adept in public speaking on a variety of topics.
U.S. Navy, Hampton Roads, Virginia
1983 - 1997
|• In-depth knowledge of Hotel and Restaurant Management. |
• Managed a 450-seat dining facility, inventory, and grounds maintenance. Supervised 40 personnel.
• Expertly planned and organized the preparation and service of meals for more than 400 members of a highly publicized community event.
• Selected as a staff member for the Secretary of Defense Conference.
• Planned and organized a self-help renovation project improving the quality of life for housing residents.
|EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS|
Columbia Community College, Newport News, Virginia
|A.A.S., Administrative Support Technology|
Saint Leo College, Newport News, Virginia
The Department of Labor
|AWARDS AND COMMENDATIONS|
|• Letter of Commendation. 1996 |
• Meritorious Unit Commendation. 1996
• Letter of Appreciation, Hampton Roads Center for the Arts. 1996
• Letter of Appreciation. Commanding Officer, USS Enterprise. 1988
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Career Counselor Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Career Counselor resume sample.