Career Counselor Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective.
THE CAREER COUNSELOR RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|Sixteen years of success in Hotel/Restaurant Management and Career Counseling positions. Extensive background in Human Resources Management including morale/welfare, education, and training. Able to assess problems and initiate corrective action. Skilled in communicating ideas and guidance on all levels. Adapt easily to fast-paced high-stress situations requiring attention to detail and follow-through. Outstanding and dedicated team player with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, interviewing techniques, and employee recruiting expertise. Able to motivate personnel to high performance standards and excellence. Skilled at organizing tasks and establishing priorities to increase efficiency and achieve maximum results from limited material and manpower resources. Effectively communicate with prospective employees, groups, and the community.|
U.S. Navy, Naval Telecommunicator, Hampton Roads, Virginia
1997 - 2000
|Command Career Counselor|
|• Proven record as an effective administrator, counselor, and personnel manager supervising a staff of 90. |
• Knowledge of software/database including Word, WordPerfect, Excel, and Powerpoint.
• Developed and directed standardization of employee policies, maintained statistics, generated reports, and upgraded retention program.
• Organized, trained, motivated, and provided extensive career counseling and guidance to 254 personnel.
• Provided vital statistics and data for a mentoring program pertaining to women. Assisted in the making of an education/training film.
• Polished oral and writing skills. Adept in public speaking on a variety of topics.
U.S. Navy, Hampton Roads, Virginia
1983 - 1997
|• In-depth knowledge of Hotel and Restaurant Management. |
• Managed a 450-seat dining facility, inventory, and grounds maintenance. Supervised 40 personnel.
• Expertly planned and organized the preparation and service of meals for more than 400 members of a highly publicized community event.
• Selected as a staff member for the Secretary of Defense Conference.
• Planned and organized a self-help renovation project improving the quality of life for housing residents.
|EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS|
Columbia Community College, Newport News, Virginia
|A.A.S., Administrative Support Technology|
Saint Leo College, Newport News, Virginia
The Department of Labor
|AWARDS AND COMMENDATIONS|
|• Letter of Commendation. 1996 |
• Meritorious Unit Commendation. 1996
• Letter of Appreciation, Hampton Roads Center for the Arts. 1996
• Letter of Appreciation. Commanding Officer, USS Enterprise. 1988
If you have a difficulty with your Career Counselor resume writing, instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use:
Other Career Counselor Resume Sample Info
Good luck with the Career Counselor resume sample.