Certified Financial Professional Resume Sample
This combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. This is an increasingly popular resume format.
THE CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PROFESSIONAL RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
MULTI - CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PROFESSIONAL
Motivated individual with demonstrated proficiency in listening to clients needs, and formulating the tactical action plan to achieve results. Constantly explores opportunities to further elevate customer loyalty and boost revenues. Known for honesty, integrity and a genuine passion for achieving goals for self and others. Superior interpersonal dynamics interface seamlessly with others from all levels, backgrounds and cultures. Respected for maintaining a professional and positive demeanor, regardless of the situation. Core competencies include:
EDUCATION & SPECIALIZED TRAINING
|BACHELOR OF PHILOSOPHY – HONORS DEGREE||1993|
|University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario |
Elected by peers for Fraternity President in 1992. Oversaw all operational aspects including fund raising for charities, social events, membership drives, reunion events and graduation functions.
|Awarded Financial Management Advisor (FMA)||2003|
|Wealth Management Techniques (WMT)||2003|
|Professional Financial Planner (PFP)||2001|
|Conduct and Practices (CPH)||2000|
|Derivative Fundamentals (DFC)||2000|
|Options Licensing (OLC)||2000|
|Canadian Securities (CSC) |
The Canadian Securities Institute Studies
|Certified Financial Planner (CFP) |
Financial Planning Standards Council
|Life and Disability Insurance License |
Canadian Council of Insurance Regulators
|ONTARIO SECONDARY SCHOOL DIPLOMA GRADUATE||1983 - 1988|
|Upper Canada College, Toronto, Ontario |
Recipient of Duke Of Edinburgh Award
QUALIFICATIONS IN ACTION
|FINANCIAL PLANNER||2003 - Present|
|2002 - 2003|
|RBC Royal Bank of Canada, Toronto, Ontario |
Initially retained by this financial services provider with 60,000 employees world wide as a personal lender. Specialized training and client relationship management recognized, receiving promotion to current position within one year instead of the usual two years. Currently, accountable for developing and expanding long term strategic investment and retirement plans. Relied upon to manage over 300 high net worth client relationships in excess of $40M in credit and investment business. Delivered presentations to sales unit, comprised of individuals from all levels within the company.
· Understand the necessity for looking at the big picture. Worked with clients to provide loans and mortgages, in addition to developing both education and savings plans. Teamed with clients’ legal and accounting representatives ensuring current wills exist and any tax advantages are being used.
· Accomplished at retaining business and attracting new clients. Secured new business worth $5M+ within past year. Maximized corporate market share by referring clients to other RBC sales lines. Offer competitive rates when clients consolidate banking ventures within corporation.
· Consistently won new accounts based on referrals from satisfied existing clients.
|2000 - 2002|
|RBC Dominion Securities, Toronto, Ontario |
Selected by this brokerage to serve a high net worth client-base to develop, implement, and monitor investment portfolios. Determined work ethic and refined interpersonal skills successfully prospected clients via cold calling, mail outs, seminars, referrals from existing clients, and professional networks. Without question, ambitious: literally the first employee there each day.
· Within first year, grew business from 0 to $6M during a collapsed stock market period. Crossed the $10M a few months later.
· Earned reputation for refined ability to attract and maintain solid client relations. Sold Book and transitioned to previous, financial planning roles.
OWNER AND CO-FOUNDER
|1995 - 1999|
|The Lost Camel Coffeehouse, Toronto, Ontario |
Spearheaded this Retail Coffeehouse from the ground up. Entrepreneurial spirit conceived and implemented the foundation and success of this 30-seat operation. Drafted quality business plan, securing $70 000 bank loan, virtually unheard of for a new graduate. Realized annual revenues of $400 000 in a competitive market.
· Won “Best Independent Coffeehouse” in 1997, 1998, and 1999 as voted by “Eye Magazine”. Without question, regarded as the spot in the of Queen Street West area.
· Captured additional revenue by running a catering business out of The Lost Camel.
· Completed all payroll, accounts payable/ receivable, marketing and advertising duties. Directed human resource functions and training for a staff of 12.
· Profitable venture from day one. Sold operation for twice the original building costs.
1993 - 1995
|Operated a company called Student Seasonal Services in London, Ontario for the first six months after graduation. Cleaned gutters, windows, and painted. Earned funds to travel and move to Australia. Explored continent via mountain bike. Visited several Pacific Rim countries.|
COMPUTER SKILLS: Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet Research.
VOLUNTEER / COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
· Out of the Cold Program team member. This program works to provide food and shelter for homeless Toronto street youth. Prepare hot breakfasts weekly from a downtown church to assist this population. (2002 - Present)
Member - Toronto Board of Trade (2000 - Present)
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Certified Financial Professional Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Certified Financial Professional resume sample.