Clothing Store Manager Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE CLOTHING STORE MANAGER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|Sales or marketing position utilizing extensive fragrance, cosmetics, and fashion industry sales expertise, marketing and promotional skills, proven store management and personnel supervisory experience, and exceptional motivational skills.|
|SALES AND MARKETING SKILLS|
|•||Proven record of sales success in maintaining and updating product knowledge, strategic business planning, increasing average dollar sales and exceeding sales to plan and LY, forecasting and budgeting, enhancing market share, customer service, and building sales through creative sales strategies.|
|•||Additional sales and business communication abilities include training and motivation, extensive customer relations, designing effective presentations, conducting workshops, generation of reports and memos, ability to work effectively with senior managers, education of sales staff, public relations, and developing a loyal customer base.|
|•||Consistently noted by senior management, staff, clients, and customers for detail-oriented management skills, ability to prioritize tasks to accomplish maximum results, and ability to solve organizational problems with innovative solutions.|
|RETAIL MANAGEMENT SKILLS|
|•||Skilled in all aspects of consumer buying consultation, identifying and evaluating emerging trends, assessing individual lifestyles and fashion needs, and researching competitor pricing and selections.|
|•||Personally redesigned floor layouts, interior store designs, window and in-store displays, and creative merchandising. Coordinated store inventory, reduced shrinkage, managed staff, assisted in advertising and marketing, special events, bookkeeping, and daily store activities.|
|•||Developed a successful system of personal client evaluation, "touching the customer," and careful analysis of individual lifestyles, which achieved high rates of customer satisfaction and dramatically increased revenues.|
LINDA'S LACE BEAUTY, Scottsdale, Arizona
2000 - Present
|• Responsible for a wide range of management and supervisory duties for a an upscale mall-based women's fragrance, cosmetics, and body products retailer in the leading fashion mall in Scottsdale. Duties and responsibilities include overseeing sales performance, monitoring inventory and shrinkage levels, overseeing labor and cost control, ordering and receiving, and developing effective floor sales strategies. |
• Additionally responsible for personnel management, including supervision of sales associates and assistant manager, and managing all aspects of hiring, training, payroll, and employee development.
• Ensure consistently high quality customer service and satisfaction, uphold all corporate policies and procedures, oversee POS operations, and facility maintenance. Coordinate targeted marketing and sales plans, develop special events and promotions, and perform daily bookkeeping and reporting duties.
• Initially hired in Assistant Manager position in 2000. Selected to assume leadership of store location within 60 days due to ability to turn around underperforming operations, solid management skills, and a record of outstanding performance.
• Turned around Scottsdale Fashion Mall location from #69 out of 100 Linda's Lace Beauty locations to #1 rank nationwide. Currently #1 for Linda's Lace out of 325 managers nationwide.
• Achieved 40% above plan and 80% above LY, achieving $86,000 in sales for December 2000. Exceeded 2000 plan of $450,000, reaching $725,000 in sales.
• Named "Premier Performer" 4 months in a row for highest sales and percentages in the region. Successfully maintain an average dollar sale of $59.90 compared to $35.00 company-wide. Received corporate bonuses for consistently exceeding sales over plan. Currently up 56% to plan and 78% to LY.
MACY'S / ORIGINS / MAC COSMETICS, Scottsdale, Arizona
1998 - 2000
|• Selected to serve as counter manager and fashion team for MAC Cosmetics and the Origins line in a busy department store cosmetics counter environment of Scottsdale's leading upscale mall. Responsible for training hiring and associates, determining individual sales and performance goals, calculating commissions, and ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction. |
• Sold and marketed make-up and fragrances, performed consultative sales of cosmetic supplies, created entire client makeovers, and provided customer instruction in appropriate use and application of products.
• Monitored receiving, check-in, and stocking of merchandise, prepared products for sale and mark-down, and all other necessary administrative duties. Supervised sales and marketing activity of sales staff, including sales assignments and employee development.
• Managed public relations and media coordination, planned and organized workshops and meetings, coordinated and developed promotions, controlled expenses, and increased market share.
• Prospected new client relationships, updated and maintained existing client accounts, launched and demonstrated new products, and maintained up-to-the-minute knowledge of industry innovations and competition.
• Achieved $1.5 million in annual counter sales, the #1 counter for all Macy's cosmetics.
• Created a large repeat client base for Origins / Estée Lauder / MAC Cosmetics, and maintained a high degree of customer satisfaction through quality personal service.
• Maintained a very high average unit sales rating and earned multiple awards for exceeding counter goals, and consistently outperformed other counter managers in all areas.
MIOKO ASSUMA DESIGN, Scottsdale, Arizona
1997 - 1998
|Merchandiser / Key Holder|
|• Responsible for all aspects of wardrobe consultation, sales, customer service, and related activities for a high-end, haut couture, fashion specialty retailer / boutique catering to an upscale clientele, including high net worth individuals. |
• Additional duties include developing a private following, opening and closing store, serving as key holder, coordinating in-store merchandising, and creation of innovative visual displays.
• Hired, interviewed, screened, trained, and supervised retail sales associates, assisted manager in all daily store operations, inventory control, coordinating visual displays and merchandising, conducted sales meetings, monitored sales goals for consultants, and participated in head-to-toe-dressing / consultation for VIP clients.
• Successfully utilized team management and client relations skills to dramatically increase store revenues.
RICHARD'S / ORIGINS, Scottsdale, Arizona
1996 - 1997
|• Responsibilities included sales and marketing of the Origins line of cosmetics in the Cosmetics Department of Richard's department store, and assisted customers with merchandise selections. Performed consultative sales of products, and provided customer instruction in application of products. |
• Participated in receiving, check-in, and stocking of merchandise, prepared products for sale, and all other necessary administrative duties. Managed public relations and event coordination, organized and planned workshops and meetings, coordinated and developed promotions, controlled expenses, and maintained market share.
• Prospected new client relationships, updated and maintained existing client accounts, brought new products to market, monitored market activity, and worked to maintain up-to-the-minute knowledge of industry innovations and competition.
• Initially hired as full-time sales associate and promoted to counter manager position within 7 months.
• Developed a large repeat client base, and maintained a high degree of customer satisfaction through quality personal service. Maintained a very high average unit sales rating. Earned multiple awards for exceeding counter goals.
ENGLAND BROTHERS / ORIGINS, Topanga Canyon, California
1995 - 1996
|• Sold and marketed make-up and fragrances for the Origins cosmetic line in the Cosmetics Department of England Brothers department store, assisted customers with merchandise selections, and operated a cash register and multi-line phone. |
• Performed consultative sales of cosmetic supplies, created entire client makeovers, and provided customer instruction in use and application of products. Participated in receiving, check-in, and stocking of merchandise, prepared products for sale, updated and maintained existing client accounts, demonstrated new products, and trained clients in use and application of new cosmetics.
SACRAMENTO CITY COLLEGE / SIERRA COLLEGE, Sacramento, California
• Early Childhood Education
MANNEQUIN MODELING INSTITUTE, Sacramento, California
|Professional Modeling Curriculum|
NEVADA UNION HIGH SCHOOL, Sacramento, California
|• Student Leadership Organization |
• Freshman Basketball Team
• Spirit Class Fundraising & Community Outreach
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Clothing Store Manager Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Clothing Store Manager resume sample.