Computer Support Specialist Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
In addition, you may search resume samples by industry or by career situation and enhance your resume with keywords by industry.
THE COMPUTER SUPPORT SPECIALIST RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|COMPUTER SUPPORT SPECIALIST |
• Dependable and diligent IT professional who manages multiple tasks and works well under pressure. Experience in installing, troubleshooting and repairing hardware, software and peripherals, plus training of end users.
• Applies consultative approach to resolving issues. Very patient. Provides clear and simple explanations and works closely with people to develop solutions to their computer problems. Seeking position that requires creating systems and processes to improve quality, productivity and the company's bottom line.
|• Windows 95/98/XP/ NT 4.0 ||• Outlook 98/2000/XP |
|• Microsoft Office XP ||• Internet Explorer 5.0/6.0 |
|• Microsoft Project 98/2000/XP ||• Netscape Navigator 6 |
|• Microsoft FrontPage 2002 ||• ArcServe IT |
|PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE |
PARALLEL TECHNOLOGIES INC, Bloomfield, NJ
2000 - 2004
|Provided computer support, analyst, administrative and training services for this not-for-profit environmental consulting company. Company is a government contractor employing 1,000 people nationally, 30 in Bloomfield. |
|PROGRAM ANALYST/COMPUTER SUPPORT |
Networking & Systems
• Saved over $50,000 by engineering temporary network during office move until permanent network could be installed.
• Hooked up permanent company LAN. Attached all network cables, 30 workstations and connected hubs and switches. Created capacity for additional 30 workstations.
• Installed and configured computer workstations and configured laptop computers for RAS and docking station connections on LAN.
• Installed Windows NT workstation operating system and configured for TCP/IP network, including DHCP, WINS and DNS settings.
• Researched and resolved problems on workstations and LAN, including IP resolution, cabling problems, and peripheral malfunctions.
• Installed and troubleshot software including Microsoft Windows XP, Outlook XP and Internet Explorer 6.0.
• Saved money by repairing computers, printers and copiers by replacing drives and other parts versus outsourcing for expensive repairs.
• Upgraded computers from Microsoft Office 2000 to Office XP and trained end users on new software changes and additions.
• Improved staff productivity and reduced outside training expense by conducting in-house software training. Focused on teaching staff dozens of short cuts for basic repetitive tasks, including setting up personal address books and public folders throughout the network.
• Conducted new hire orientation when office grew from 2 people to 30 people. Covered topics such as E-mail procedures, electronic timesheet completion and computer policies.
• Organized, tracked and maintained financial background information and documentation for all government contracts.
• Developed and provided reports and recommendations to project managers concerning inventory, usage and performance of all computer equipment.
• Set up new inventory system for hardware and software to help track accountability, repairs and value of equipment.
| || |
2000 - 2002
|ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT/TRAINING COORDINATOR |
• Hired full time as administrative assistant after temping for 6-month period. Promoted after 6 months to Program Analyst & Computer Support due to excellent problem solving, computer support and training skills.
• Chosen to lead ISO 9000 and ISO 14000 certification process. Learned requirements, delivered ISO training, created implementation plans, conducted internal audits and coordinated ISO project.
• Interviewed 50% of people hired and made hiring recommendations.
• Selected to train other administrative assistants and new hires in extensive governmental office procedures, computer software and equipment.
• Sourced, contracted, scheduled and tracked continuing education classes and training for all employees.
• Invented a new filing system and tracking process for entire company in response to strict governmental mandates for contractors.
• Developed set of procurement procedures and processes, which improved accountability for items purchased. Generated log and ensured items were delivered.
• Researched and purchased over $100,000 in office items such as computers, scanners, printers, copiers, fax, digital camera and office supplies.
• Monitored government project schedules and timelines for project managers and ensured that deadlines were met. Validated manhours per project for effective billing. Created project reports and charts to share with teams and management.
• Opened new office by negotiating contracts for postage, office supplies and vending services.
• Made extensive travel arrangements for 8 employees.
• Wrote and prepared correspondence for department manager.
MUSIC WORLD, Jacksonville, Florida
1997 - 1999
|Managed and scheduled 6 people, opened and closed store, ordered products and managed inventory, resolved customer complaints, ran promotions and sales, created and implemented anti-theft program. |
|TRAINING COURSES & EDUCATION |
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH FLORIDA
|B.A., Political Science |
|Supporting Microsoft NT Server Enterprise Technologies |
• Networking Essentials
• Supporting Microsoft Windows NT Core Technology
• Internetworking MS TCP/IP Using Microsoft Windows
• Administrative Microsoft Windows NT
If you have a difficulty with your Computer Support Specialist resume writing, instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Computer Support Specialist Resume Sample Info
If your cover letter and resume are ready, you may email your Computer Support Specialist resume through international job search to job recruiters worldwide.
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Check the job interview do & don't and other job search skills pages. Find out why people are not hired for available jobs.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
In addition, on job search, visas, work permit, cover letter, CV & resume, job interview and dress codes pages, you can find tips for many different countries.
Good luck with the Computer Support Specialist resume sample.