Database Administrator Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective.
In addition, you may search resume samples by industry or by career situation and enhance your resume with resume keywords by industry.
THE DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|PROGRAMMER • DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR |
|SAP R/3 BASIS ADMINISTRATOR • SAP ABAP/4 PROGRAMMER • ORACLE 9i DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR |
|2003 Graduate with independent work habits, an analytical mindset, and the versatility to resolve multifaceted issues despite the challenges of changing priorities, imminent deadlines, and differing team agendas. Characterized throughout employment and academic life as a self-starter; an individual committed to delivering solutions and possessing the ability to apply complex technologies that translate business needs into a practical reality. Bilingual—English and Chinese (Mandarin). |
Masters of Information Technology
Major: Information Systems
Maryland University of Technology
Bachelor of Information Technology
Major: Information Systems
Thailand Technology College
Diploma of Electrical Engineering
Major: Power Electronics
|TECHNOLOGY SUMMARY |
- Oracle Developer/2000 Forms
- Oracle 9i PL/SQL • Oracle SQL Plus
- SAP R/3 4.6C BASIS Administration
- SAP ABAP/4 Programming
- Macromedia Coldfusion MX, Dreamweaver MX, Flash MX
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Visual Studio.NET
- Microsoft Office Professional
- Microsoft FrontPage
- ARIS Toolset 5.0
- Windows NT/2000/XP/ME/98/95
|ACADEMIC PROJECT HIGHLIGHTS |
The Subject: Case Studies in Enterprise Wide Systems
The “Client”: Maryland Health
The Project: Team project to act as “Business Analysts” implementing SAP Enterprise Buyer Professional 3.0 (EBP)—a web-based procurement solution to be used throughout all state hospitals.
|Personally selected by academic supervisors to contribute to a 13-week team project to support Maryland Health’s e-Procurement Proof of Concept pilot project. Working from a framework of existing issues, produced costing and process models encompassing proof-of-concept, business process reengineering recommendations, expected functionality, feasibility of technology for long-term expandability, and forecasted investment returns. |
Using ARIS Toolset 5.0 mapped business processes, and gathered data via a series of interviews with cost center general managers, supervisors, and key employees. As appointed Communications and Time Manager for the team, presented meeting minutes outlining issues delegated, discussed, and resolved.
- Volunteered to preside over performance measurement issues. Conducted research and produced recommendations that compared the value of implementing or not implementing EBP functionality.
- Added value by introducing idea to interview vendors for feedback on an EBP implementation. Project managers were delighted with positive responses from Johnson & Johnson and Kimberley-Clark.
- Introduced idea of interviewing other organizations such as Maryland Rail currently implementing the solution to facilitate meaningful exchanges for improved implementation.
- Gathered information from focus group meetings at the Maryland Base Hospital. Collated responses for the Excel-based “Issues Register” offering short-, medium-, and long-term recommendations to concerns raised.
- Presented formal e-procurement solution findings before audiences of 30-plus attendees on two separate occasions.
- Estimated and “sold” the benefits of a new e-procurement solution citing cost savings of 35%.
The “Client”: Investigative Center for Technology Advancement
The Project: Created a web-based survey program for enhanced data collection capacity
The Technologies: Macromedia Coldfusion MX, Macromedia Dreamweaver MX, Microsoft IIS 5.0, Microsoft Access 2002, Adobe Photoshop 7.0, Macromedia Flash MX
|Awarded Distinction for this academic project conducted during post-graduate studies. Planned 13-week work schedule complete with project milestones and met deadline for the main program—later adding enhanced functionality. |
The program, written in Macromedia Coldfusion MX, consisted of 125 code files, and was designed to function seamlessly with most internet browsers. Processing was performed primarily on the server side.
- Transformed expensive and protracted mail-based data collection method, with a faster, cheaper web-based base survey instrument that was “instant” and accessible to a global audience.
- Software enabled the surveyors to insert, modify, and delete survey questions; monitor responses via graphical presentation; monitor average time taken by respondents to answer the survey; import email addresses and send invitations, thank-you notes, and reminder messages; export data in a variety of formats, and alter surveyor permissions.
|EMPLOYMENT CHRONICLE |
|ASIA INTERNET PTE LTD, Thailand ||2001 |
|Technical Support Executive |
|High-pressure helpdesk call center environment, assisting customers with Internet connectivity issues across multiple operating system platforms. |
- Deflected atmosphere of staff discontent by displaying a positive attitude, and initiating ideas that served to boost personal productivity and circumvent the outdated and unsynchronized computer environment.
- Boosted personal productivity by using own laptop; an idea that elevated call rates by 30%. Improved productivity decreased customer-waiting times by 30 seconds, lowering the levels of customer dissatisfaction.
- Consistently surpassed call targets of 45 to 55 calls per shift by average of 30 to 35%.
|MINISTRY OF CIVIL TECHNOLOGY, Thailand ||1996 |
|Assistant Electrical Engineer |
|Two-month industrial attachment during electrical engineering studies. Designed ISO standard electrical and power systems for major buildings including fire alarm placement, lighting, speakers, power switches, back up generators, and more. |
|THAILAND ARMED FORCES ||1998–1999 |
|Unit Intelligence Clerk |
- Represented army unit in the annual Army Half Marathon
- Selected to attend training exercises with defense force representatives of Singapore and Indonesia.
- Awarded “Company Best Shot”
- Gold Award for all physical fitness tests
- Conducted course to trainees
If you have a difficulty with your Database Administrator resume writing, instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use:
Other Database Administrator Resume Sample Info
If your cover letter and resume are ready, you may email your Database Administrator resume through international job search engines to job recruiters worldwide.
Start preparing for job interviews and check the job interview do's and don'ts. Also, find out why people are not hired for available jobs.
In addition, on job search, visa, work permit, cover letter, CV / resume, job interview and dress code pages, you can find tips for many different countries.
Good luck with the Database Administrator resume sample.