Director Information Systems Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective.
THE DIRECTOR INFORMATION SYSTEMS RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
Street Address, City, ST ZipCode, Country / Phone #, Email Address
Director, Information Systems
Manager of information systems with 17 years experience directing cross-functional teams of technical experts to analyze systems and processes and implement infrastructure improvements. Recognized for leadership in project planning, scheduling, prioritization, contingency and risk planning, work assignments, and definition of scope for enterprise information systems projects. Demonstrated ability to focus on high-payoff improvements to achieve immediate bottom-line benefits. Proven track record of success in developing solutions that improve the efficiency of IT and business operations.
- Management – build and lead teams of experts to achieve project goals.
- Customer relations – develop and maintain mutually beneficial partnerships between business and technology groups.
- Efficiency – realize significant improvement of processing efficiency through in-depth performance analysis and code optimization.
- Innovation – design and implement cutting-edge solutions based on technical specifications and thorough research and testing.
- Planning – design long-range strategies based on technical forecasts of industry trends.
- Project management – identify, allocate, and manage company resources to complete projects on time and within budget.
|LINCOLN, BEALE & FRANK, Chicago, IL||1998 - Present|
Director, Information Systems
Managed technical infrastructure operation and development for 300-person law firm. Directed technical staff of 20 to provide quality desktop support, reliable remote access, regular data backup, and robust networked resources. Negotiated contracts, directed long-range planning, prepared and monitored budgets up to $8M, and conducted ROI studies.
- Implemented firm’s first-ever disaster recovery plan to ensure minimal productivity loss.
- Analyzed developments in Internet technology and proposed far-reaching Web strategy to improve client services and firm’s visibility.
- Prepared RFPs for major technology infrastructure build-outs and refreshes.
- Established targets for equipment lifecycles to maximize productive use of technology at all levels of the organization.
- Developed and implemented technology standards, reducing unnecessary complexity and realizing a savings of $1.7M annually on maintenance costs.
|SFB, INC., Springfield, IL||1994 - 1998|
Lead Systems Engineer
Developed product release strategies for applying networking technology and programming to track transportation company assets. Designed and led programming and test efforts to enhance legacy systems with global positioning systems, relational databases, mobile computing technology, embedded microchips, and smartcards. Developed and tested data communications programming using C++ and assembler routines.
- Designed wide-area network using innovative mobile technologies to maintain constant information of truck locations. System implementation resulted in 28% efficiency increase.
- Integrated location, scheduling, and delivery system information to allow real-time schedule modifications and to inform delivery locations of early or late deliveries.
- Created user documentation to assist in remote operation and troubleshooting.
- Implemented backup systems using radio and cellular signaling to supplement global satellite system.
|HIGHLAND CORPORATION, Peoria, IL||1991 - 1994|
Provided technical project management and advice to financial services firm, maintaining strict data integrity, eliminating redundancy, and ensuring bullet-proof archival and recovery. Directed in-house technical staff to meet project deadlines and goals.
- Conducted surveys of operations to assess needs and identify high priority improvements.
- Analyzed performance of programming code to pinpoint frequently used, inefficiency algorithms. Selective code replacement resulted in 37% decrease in processing time.
- Set up test environment and pilot-tested interface designs with financial staff, ensuring that final design met users’ needs.
|WORLD MANAGEMENT CONCEPTS, Chicago, IL||1985 - 1991|
Systems Integration Specialist
Reviewed technology infrastructure for management consultant group, proposing enhancements, managing implementation projects, and assessing results. Conducted needs assessments, prepared budgets, constructed prototypes, and oversaw testing.
- Met with partners and office staff to map current processes and determine needs.
- Developed proposal for $4.5M capital investment, resulting in a decrease of $3M in annual maintenance costs while significantly updating computing environment.
- Created detailed project plan with well-defined tasks, milestones, client sign-offs, test cycles, and specifications, which served to communicate project progress to management.
- Oversaw implementation of networking and data communications programming to interface central computing resources (IBM AS400) with desktop computers.
Master of Business Administration (Information Systems), 1985
Chicago University, Chicago, Illinois
Bachelor of Arts (Management Information Systems), 1981
Lakeshore College, Chicago, Illinois
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
Association for Computing Machinery
American Management Association
If you have a difficulty with your Director Information Systems resume writing, instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use:
Other Director Information Systems Resume Sample Info
Good luck with the Director Information Systems resume sample.