Director of Special Projects Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE DIRECTOR OF SPECIAL PROJECTS RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|Consummate business professional seeking challenging management position where excellent skills in leadership, communication and organization can optimize the efficiency of people and projects.|
Accomplished background includes key leadership roles in high-profile and complex city government operations complemented by entrepreneurial success in the startup, development and growth of a large newspaper chain.
Keen sense of business enterprise and the importance of achieving bottom-line results. A dynamic communicator and motivator who is equally effective when interacting with the general public, the business community, elected officials, department personnel and staff.
Strong personal integrity to deal fairly, honorably and upfront in all situations. A top producer who exercises a straightforward, hands-on management approach. Active participant in board and committee initiatives.
CITY OF CHICAGO - DEPARTMENT OF POLICE, Chicago, Illinois
1998 - 2003
|Director of Special Projects|
Received plaque from the City of Chicago in recognition for outstanding service contributions in all areas (2002)
• Acted as a key liaison to help build and strengthen partnerships between the office and district commanders, community representatives and elected officials.
• Enhanced and organized participation in city programs, such as the Mayor's Neighborhood Group, which complemented the city's community policing strategy.
• Developed cohesive, cooperative working relationships within the community through the initiation of various programs, such as Neighborhood Safe Haven, Block Watch Groups and Adopt-A-Street.
• Represented the Department at community meetings through the Mayor's Speakers Bureau and in other forums to foster awareness of available city programs and resources.
• Assessed city services in seven police districts to determine neighborhood problems, and processed service requests via interdepartmental management to prevent and reduce crime.
• Identified, reported, monitored and evaluated the delivery of city services to communities to ensure timely completion of requests, with particular attention to service requests resulting from problem solving activities as part of the city's community policing strategy.
• Conducted city service blitzes in conjunction with special programs and activities, including Operation Clean-Up and Distressed Neighborhoods Initiatives.
• Developed and established team member "wolf packs" to assist commanders in police districts with focus on their strategic operational plan (SOP).
• Established and maintained database for the Community and Police Strategy Program.
CITY OF CHICAGO, Chicago, Illinois
1997 - 1998
|Coordinator of Special Projects|
• Assessed and improved the delivery of city services in eleven wards on the northwest side of the city.
• Introduced neighborhood-based city programs and increased awareness of these services through literature and public speaking.
• Fostered ongoing communications between city hall and community representatives.
• Assisted in the implementation of the city's new "3-1-1" communication system.
CITY OF CHICAGO, 143rd WARD
1983 - 1997
Recruited for position that involved serving in a public relations capacity and as a voice for the community.
• Aided business and civic communities in building, promoting and planning for future growth and expansion.
• Planned and implemented programs for community development that were well received by the public.
• Maintained a positive rapport between elected officials and the community.
THE DAILY POST NEWSPAPERS
1978 - 1985
|Publisher and Editor|
|Created and launched from conception one of the largest circulation newspaper in the State. Oversaw entire business operation, including the administration, marketing and production of newspapers. Planned, coordinated and scheduled printing and distribution. Developed and placed display and classified advertising. Conducted training sessions to educate and motivate employees.|
Bachelor of Science, Business and Management, Minor: Accounting
|CHICAGO ACCESS TELEVISION (CATV). Board of Directors, since 1999 |
Committee Member, Community Relations, since 1998
ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF PROFESSIONAL REGULATIONS. Public Accounting Review Board, since 1997
PHI OMEGA EPSILON FRATERNITY (at Illinois University). As Founder and President, established the second largest organization on the campus at that time
|Awarded distinguished membership in the "Who's Who" registry of business leaders|
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Director of Special Projects Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Director of Special Projects resume sample.