Director of Sports Medicine Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE DIRECTOR OF SPORTS MEDICINE RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|Rehabilitation Specialist and Exercise Physiologist with in-depth knowledge of occupational, rehabilitation, exercise, and sports medicine. More than twenty years proven leadership skills in developing staff, implementing programs, managing teams and projects and initiating process improvements.|
|•||Staff coaching and development: in both formal training and daily supervision.|
|•||Team leadership and participation: proven ability to contribute to cross-functional initiatives and maintain a focus on established goals.|
|•||Communication and presentation skills: both internally and externally; demonstrated ability to represent customers¡¦ viewpoint and to communicate value.|
|•||Organization and time management: flexibility in the face of changing priorities.|
Manning and Associates, Des Moines, IA
2000 - Present
|DIRECTOR OF OCCUPATIONAL & SPORTS MEDICINE|
|• Assisted PTs, LPNs, PTTs with daily operations and clinical procedures.
• Revised current job descriptions and job description analysis for existing companies on PRN basis.
• Performed visits by Certified Athletic Trainer to local schools.
• Arranged for coverage and exposure at local sports events.
• Developed comprehensive training and physical therapy programs for local schools.
• Assisted in development of protocols for companies to decrease worker's compensation costs.
Memorial Hospital, Des Moines, IA
1995 - 2000
|COORDINATOR OF CARDIAC/PULMONARY REHAB & SPORTS MEDICINE|
|• Reorganized physical setup of rehab program.
• Ordered / purchased equipment for new facility.
• Worked with Parkinson's support group.
• Participated in community education program.
• Taught monthly safety class.
• Implemented employee exercise program and reimplemented education program.
• Served on Blue Print Committee for new facility.
• Increased census of Cardiac Rehab program by 200%.Sports Medicine:
• Organized sideline coverage of parish high schools.
• Organized annual Iberia Parish Physicals Day for up to 900 students.
• Provided game day coverage for US Track and Field Championship, New Orleans, LA.
• Implemented education program for recreation league coaches (all sports, statewide); taught sports first aid classes to coaches.
Cardiovascular Fitness Center, General Hospital, Des Moines, IA
1990 - 1995
|SENIOR EXERCISE SPECIALIST|
|• Developed and evaluated Health Force program for public safety personnel.
• Developed evaluation/testing of workers at chemical industry plant and implemented sports medicine program.
• Covered sponsored athletic events. Reached goal of 1,000 coaches taught in Sports First-Aid for Volunteer Coach program.
• Served on curriculum development committee for American College of Sports Medicine.
• Implemented strength training and balance coordination programs into Cardiac Rehab.
• Developed medical education booklet for public school personnel.
• Developed budget plan for Center's equipment purchases.
• Assisted in design of outpatient rehab program.
• Committee Chairman, Legislative Licensing Committee for Clinical Exercise Physiologists.
• Co-Coordinator, Cardiac Rehab Symposium III
• Coordinator, Sports Medicine Project.
• Member, Committee for Diabetes Care and Education.
• Team Member, Education Outreach.
Lincoln, Beale, and Frank Physicians, Iowa City, IA
1981 - 1990
|EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS|
Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa
|M.S., Exercise Science / Cardiac Rehab|
University of Central Iowa, Ames, Iowa
|B.S., Health and Physical Education|
A.T.C. - Athletic Trainer Certified
|American College of Sports Medicine
American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehab
American Heart Association, former Vice President of local chapter
American Diabetes Association, former Vice President of local chapter
Iowa Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehab, former State President
Iowa Association of Exercise Physiologists, Founding President
Iowa Athletic Trainers Association
National Athletic Trainers Association
Co-authored published studies - Exercise and Heart Dimensions
Selected by U.S. Olympic Committee to serve as:
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Director of Sports Medicine Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need to prepare a cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for a job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Director of Sports Medicine resume sample.