Foreign Language Teacher Resume Sample
This combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types/styles. The format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. This is an increasingly popular resume format.
THE FOREIGN LANGUAGE TEACHER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
|Foreign language teacher with 34 years experience in secondary Foreign Language classroom teaching seeks part-time or full-time position. Extensive instructional experience includes graduate-level education, creative teaching and classroom management skills, and an enthusiasm for student development.|
|- Develop the academic and personal strengths of each student, using a student-centered, holistic approach with a focus on oral and written foreign language proficiency in a strong conversational curriculum. |
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques, including total physical response and storytelling (TPRS), standard grammar instruction, cooperative learning, reinforcement of daily instruction via homework, and a variety of short stories, literature, film, music, and authentic cultural materials. Maximize meaningful personal achievement, enhanced participation, and individual accountability.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
|• Skilled in all aspects of classroom operations, curriculum development, evaluation of student progress, coordination with faculty, parents, and administration, facilitation of positive learning environments, and related administrative duties. |
• Communication skills demonstrated through design of classroom presentations and lectures, creation of detailed written lesson plans and student evaluations, and the ability to establish and maintain professional relationships.
• Experienced in diverse educational settings, working with students from all learning levels and socioeconomic backgrounds.
• Committed to teaching to meet individual students needs, and keeping parents informed of student progress. Offer ideas and materials to continue the educational process in the home.
Independent Contractor, New Orleans, LA
1968 - Present
|• Provide tutoring in conversational French, academic assistance, and professional tutoring for young people and adults. Develop and implement strategic study plans and strategies for underperforming students to improve French language skills, subject matter comprehension, and improve grades. Assist adults who wish to acquire proficiency in French or are planning to travel to France.|
Public High School, New Orleans, LA
1988 - Present
|• Serve as French teacher with an emphasis in oral proficiency, use of multi-media tools, and active student participation in the learning process through practical conversational techniques. |
• Maintain classroom interest, motivation, participation, and discipline though innovative and creative teaching techniques. Duties include program implementation, lecturing, curriculum development, preparation of lesson plans, administering exams, conducting evaluations, writing and grading exams, enforcing classroom discipline, improving skills, and utilizing contemporary subjects and events to increase participation and interest.
• Manage all aspects of classroom, including evaluation of student progress, and facilitation of a positive learning environment. Coordinate with students, parents, volunteers, and educational professionals to ensure consistent quality educational and developmental opportunities.
• Selected to develop and implement Standards & Benchmarks for three levels of French. Current and previous special assignments and positions of additional responsibility have included Foreign Language Department Chairperson, Faculty Advisory Committee Chairperson, and Swim Team Moderator.
Local High School, New Orleans, LA
1977 - 1988
|• Instructed French and Russian courses for 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students. Handled classroom management, lesson planning, assigning homework and projects, lecturing, grading papers, curriculum development, individual tutoring and counseling, assessing student performance, and coordinating with teachers, parents, and administration.|
State College, New Orleans, LA
1971 - 1977
|• Prepared continuing education curriculum, made presentations, engaged in conversational exercises, and participated in curriculum development.|
Township High School, Kent, WA
1968 - 1971
|• Taught Russian and Social Studies courses to high school students using self-provided teaching materials and supplementary teaching aids. Maintained classroom interest, motivation, participation, and discipline through creative teaching techniques. Developed, administered, and graded tests, evaluated performance and assigned letter grades, and participated in various school activities and events. Served as Senior Class Advisor and developed and taught Black Studies and Contemporary World Problems courses.|
National Science Foundation / Fordham University, New York, NY
1966 - 1968
|• Provided research assistance to a faculty professor and departmental staff on scientific studies of manpower surveys, conducted statistical studies, including countries worldwide, and measured, examined, and cataloged quantitative data.|
FORDHAM UNIVERSITY, New York, New York
WILLAMETTE UNIVERSITY, Salem, Oregon
Recent Continuing Education & Workshops
Foreign Language & Conversation Studies
Teaching Certifications and Studies
|Traveled to various countries including France, England, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Holland, Italy, Russia, Turkey, Greece, Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Denmark, and Finland. Have lived abroad for up to 10 months at a time.|
If you have a difficulty with your resume writing, instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use:
Other Foreign Language Teacher Resume Sample Info
Good luck with the Foreign Language Teacher resume sample.