Hospitality General Manager Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE HOSPITALITY GENERAL MANAGER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|Seeking a challenging position for a growing organization in which successful hospitality industry experience, professional, specialized training, and a documented history of successful hotel industry management accomplishments will be of value.|
|SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS|
• Over six years experience, with four years performed at the management level or above, in positions including Assistant General Manager, Accounting Operations Manager, Operations Manager, Front Office Manager, Food & Beverage Manager, Manager-in-Training, Cooperative Work Intern, and Hotel Intern.
• Skilled in all aspects of hotel operations for large national properties, ensuring compliance with regulatory agencies, budgeting and forecasting of sales and revenue, P&L accountability, monitoring payroll, food and beverage cost controls, analyzing performance trends, scheduling staff and hotel management meetings, and coordinating all departments, including Sales, Front Office, Reservations, Housekeeping, Convention Services, Guest Relations, Food & Beverage, Banquets, Security, and Senior Management.
• Human Resource experience includes recruitment, screening, hiring, implementation of training programs, effective discipline, prevention of internal theft, coaching and motivation of staff, ensuring compliance with minority hiring regulations, organizing participation in job fairs, safety and accident awareness, management development, and production of comprehensive employee rules and procedures manuals.
• Well-developed communication skills demonstrated through generation of in-depth reports, group speaking and presentation skills, extensive public relations, and the ability to interact productively with individuals from all backgrounds.
• Knowledgeable in computer operations and applications including IBM-PC, Windows 95 / 98, Microsoft Word, Excel, Works, Desktop Publishing, Internet, and E-Mail programs.
• Consistently noted by senior executive management, key clients, vendors, and staff for leadership skills, ability to execute directives, analysis and marketing skills, superior performance, detail-oriented management style, effective decision-making, and timely completion of all projects.
WESTIN GARDEN INN, Albany, New York
1999 - Present
|Selected as General Manager of a 155-room property with $3 million in revenue. Managed all hotel activities, with duties including hiring, firing, supervising, and training a staff of over 70 employees, reviewing of P&L statements, room division operation, accounting and bookkeeping, management of individual department managers, budgeting and forecasting revenues and expenses, sales strategies and yield management, staffing levels, security-related matters, and all other property issues. |
• Successfully increased revenues by 20% from previous year.
• Increased productivity by decreasing employee turn-over by 50%.
• Reorganized accounting department and implemented new control procedures resulting in increased efficiency.
• Increased guest satisfaction scores by 10% from previous year.
• Successfully implemented new P. M. program.
HYATT CONTINENTAL, Secaucus, New Jersey
Accounting Operations Manager / Operations Manager
1994 - 1999
|Performed all aspects of accounting functions for $6 million in revenue hotel located in the New York metropolitan area with 165 room capacity. Duties included budgeting and forecasting, coordinating accounts payable / account receivable, preparing in-depth reports, and cost control.|
HYATT CONTINENTAL, Secaucus, New Jersey
1998 - 1999
|Managed all aspects of hotel operations, including supervising over 70 employees, overseeing daily front desk operations, coordinating housekeeping, maintenance, and food and beverage service, and ensuring high quality customer service and satisfaction. |
• Successfully increased guest satisfaction scores by 10% in the areas of cleanliness, attentiveness, maintenance, and breakfast service.
• Recognized as 'most improved customer satisfaction' by a Hyatt hotel in the region.
• Managed all aspects of the $250,000 capital renovation project in 1999.
• Controlled a $25,000 housekeeping and maintenance monthly operating budget, achieving a 52% GOP.
• Played a primary role in exiting the Hyatt red zone cure period.
• Increased productivity by stabilizing staffing levels and implementing training procedures.
• Coordinated yield management strategies.
• Successfully redesigned breakfast buffet, banquet menus, and banquet packages.
PARK PLAZA WEST, Houston, Texas
Front Office Manager
1997 - 1998
|Served as Front Office Manager for a 306-room, full-service Meristar hotel worth $10 million and located near the renowned Gallaria Mall. Performed all front desk duties, greeted hotel guests, ensured guest satisfaction, booked reservations and rooms, provided information services, accepted payments and credit cards, answered multi-line phones, and performed related general office and clerical duties. |
• Successfully increased service index by 5% points.
• Raised Park Plaza ranking in the Southwestern region from position 32 to 19.
• Actively participated in the GSS committee and employee training program implementation.
• Increased efficiency by implementing new check-in / check-out procedures.
• Initiated and managed reorganization of concierge lounge.
HYATT LAKEVIEW, Lake Buena Vista, Florida
Food & Beverage Manager
1997 - 1997
|Coordinated all food and beverage service at Hyatt Lakeview's full-service location with 320 rooms and centrally located in Disney Village. Managed 220-seat, high-volume Lake Café & Grille, the Lake Lounge, the Domino's Pizzeria, and the hotel room service operation. Accomplishments included consistently increasing food and beverage sales by reorganizing evening restaurant operation and room service department resulting in higher quality customer service and lower food and beverage delivery time. Participated in inventory and ordering of food and supplies, food quality, and vendor relations. Managed cost controls for food, labor, and overall budget. Worked to ensure compliance with all corporate policies and procedures, as well as federal (OSHA), state, and local safety and health regulations.|
MARRIOTT AT LINCOLN'S GREEN, Lexington, Kentucky
Manager in Training
|Served as Manager in Training for Marriott location. Managed all day-to-day functions and hotel operations, including review of P&L statements, management of individual department managers, budgeting and forecasting revenues and expenses, room night and occupancy analysis, standards compliance, staffing levels, security-related matters, and all other property issues. Ensured the highest standards of guest relations and quality facilities.|
SHERATON PALMVIEW, Tampa, Florida
Cooperative Work Intern
1995 - 1995
|Coordinated all aspects of marketing project, including conducting research, gathering data and information, analyzing data, and constructing graphs of five years of hotel occupancy, market segmentation, ADR, and REVPAR.|
WESTIN ON SAND HILL, Clearwater, Florida
1994 - 1994
|Responsible for all aspects of hotel management and operations, including performing and coordinating front desk, housekeeping, restaurant, kitchen, banquet, and sales functions. Specific duties included performing PBX and reservation procedures, developing and implementing a guest survey to determine booking patterns and marketing segments, practicing opening and closing procedures, conducting room inspections and inventory control, and developing and executing a telemarketing project aimed at increasing guest utilization of hotel convention center. Additionally supervised dining room, assisted Chef with side preparation, managed and cooked pool grill, and assisted Banquet Manager with banquet planning.|
|1994 - Present |
Areas of Emphasis: Food Preparation, Beverage Operations, Ordering & Inventory, Food Presentation & Quality, Food & Labor Cost Controls, Maximizing Profits, Kitchen Management, Customer Service Skills, Supervision of Employees, Handling Difficult Employees, Computerized Cash Register Operations, Security, Safety, Security, Sanitation, Cash Management, Daily Accounting, Sanitation
Educational Institute of the American Hotel & Motel Association
|Certified in the following subjects: Food & Beverage Management, Front Office Operations (with honors), Managerial Accounting for the Hospitality Industry, Hospitality Human Resources (with honors).|
RMS Certification, HYATT UNIVERSITY
|Emphasis: Yield Management & Sales Strategies|
Johnson & Wales University, Providence, RI
|B.A., Hotel Administration|
SCHILLER INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY, Dunedin, Florida
|B.A., Hospitality Management|
|GPA: 3.97, Honors & Awards: Dean's List, Recipient of the John F. Kennedy Award, Recipient of the L. Armstrong Award, Recipient of the Hospitality Award.|
|Recipient of the Distinguished Student Award conferred by the Florida Restaurant Association and Excel Industries for founding an on-campus restaurant.|
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Hospitality General Manager Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Hospitality General Manager resume sample.