Information Technology Professional Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY PROFESSIONAL RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY PROFESSIONAL|
Self-directed and highly driven specialist with over 20 years of continuous experience in configuration management and Network LAN Administration. Combines strong troubleshooting and technical acumen with proven expertise in leadership and project management skills to consistently deliver beneficial solutions.
Valuable team player with strong strategic planning capabilities, able to strive for excellence in all assignments. Highly articulate, demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills across all levels including peers, management, clients and end-users. Core competencies include:
|• HP Administration • Solaris Administration • ClearCase Administration • Network LAN Administration • |
• Program Library System Administration • Microsoft PowerPoint • Microsoft Office Suite •
• Microsoft Project • Update Manager • SIRCC • Remedy • ProSTAR • ForthDimension •
• Basic SQL Database • Basic Bourne Shell • UNIX • Basic Perl •
JORBEL, Kanata, Ontario, Canada
1982 - 2002
|(#1 software development company within technology world, marketing products globally)|
Promoted through increasingly responsible positions with direct responsibility for core operating functions. Orchestrated, utilizing superior technical skills, implementation of ClearCase, computer code storage library, through entire lifecycle planning. Managed systems configuration and maintenance, problem troubleshooting, planning and directing upgrades, and testing operations to ensure optimum system functionality. Career highlights include:
|Project Management Contributions:|
|• Defined requirements, then planned, implemented and managed Software Library ensuring safe, stable environment for storage of codes contributed from upwards of 800 multi-sited programmers. |
• Administered lifecycle of multiple projects while Project Prime, assessing need, proposal writing, goal setting, managing daily scheduling, and formulating closeout plan.
• Recruited superior-level engineers and researchers to staff Jorbel's Internal Business lines, resulting in increased productivity through efficient managing and migrating of their Product Library System (PLS) to new releases.
• Improved efficiency 25% by streamlining through configuration management, Loadbuild process for policy services products, resulting in shorter, cleaner build cycles.
|Technical Administration Highlights:|
|• Guided Database Administration and support activity for ClearCase and PLS servicing 500+ Internal Business Lines while troubleshooting daily difficulties. |
• Instrumental in set-up of precise tracking tools ensuring 100% accountability for all purchase orders and inventory record keeping.
• Facilitated hardware repair and maintenance, through LAN administration support, of all company Macintosh, XMS workstations, HP's and Solaris fileservers, as well as end-user workstations.
|Customer Management Contributions:|
|• Mediated ownership for problem identification and resolution by managing Teams in conflict throughout software release program. |
• Championed innovative solutions to support contentious situations with customers, raising the bar in customer satisfaction and retainability.
• Forged strong alliances with multi-disciplined teams, ensuring continuous daily support allowing more efficient and timely completion of projects.
|Communication and Training Accomplishments:|
|• Delivered intensive hands-on training programs at client sites using live systems. Ensured that end-users understood ClearCase Administration, PLS Administration, Loadbuild and network tape backup management. |
• Developed various documentation assisting in product familiarization including: end-user guides, reporting documents, web-page content, and general release writings.
• Chaired multi-teamed release status meetings ensuring open lines of communication on topics dealing with current project status, and timeline maintenance.
• Negotiated, leveraged and nurtured partnerships to assist in the smooth operation of all departmental activities.
|EARLY CAREER EXPERIENCE|
Energetic self-starter hired as entry-level mailroom clerk, eventually accumulating enough technical prowess to be identified as expert within Hi-Tech field. Innovative thinker, utilizing resourcefulness skills to astutely analyze, plan, and streamline processes, thereby saving time and money.
• Evaluated and rectified problems at different levels of organization through hands-on expertise gained from years of experience.
|AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS|
|• Certificate of Merit: In recognition of outstanding contribution to Loadbuild Staff Support. |
• Pride awards: Multi-year winner for outstanding ClearCase implementation.
• Performance Recognition: Received "EXCEED" performance recognition at Nortel for 10 years running
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Information Technology Professional Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Information Technology Professional resume sample.