Insurance Claims Representative Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE INSURANCE CLAIMS REPRESENTATIVE RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
Street Address, City, ST ZipCode, Country, Tel# , Email Address
Insurance professional with 18 years experience in agency management, client consultation, and sales training. Reputation for thorough knowledge of insurance products, company policies and procedures, and insurance information systems. Trusted advisor to clients – recognized for proactive sales consultation and efficient claims processing. Computer expertise includes Lotus Notes email and scheduling, Microsoft Office, Oracle, and Microsoft Project.
- Trained sales force of insurance agents on procedures and products, achieving a significant increase in new business.
- Developed and marketed new insurance products in order to expand existing accounts.
- Saved company millions of dollars in potential losses by identifying high risk exclusions based on extensive research.
- Provided prompt, courteous, and knowledgeable customer service and earned a loyal clientele.
- Trained over 85 associates in new computer system enabling them to transition to a paperless filing process.
TRISTATE INSURANCE AGENCY, Atlanta, GA
1996 - Present
Managed an active monthly caseload of 200 clients. Interviewed clients and determined eligibility. Supervised staff of 85, including claims adjusters and examiners, agents, and clerical support staff. Applied and maintained computer technology to modernize processing operations.
- Opened the lines of communication between offices by spearheading and serving as editor-in-chief for the first monthly newsletter distributed to 400 employees.
- Developed a formula and trained more than 40,000 employees nationwide via interactive video teleconferencing to understand, track, and correctly identify overpayments.
- Received the second most prestigious award, the Deputy Commissioner’s Citation, for the training contribution.
- Served as a trainer/mentor for new hires, teaching practical applications and maintaining quality control.
NORTHERN GEORGIA INSURANCE, Atlanta, GA
1993 - 1996
Inspected policyholder property to verify terms of coverage and estimate property value. Performed 10-12 daily interior and exterior inspections to evaluate property for liability and fire hazards. Provided agents with information about potential additional lines of coverage. Assisted adjusters with claims processing.
- Maintained database of carrier guidelines for claims processing to advise adjusters on procedures.
- Analyzed new products and areas of coverage to recommend viability of new business.
- Initiated regular cross-functional team meetings to troubleshoot complex policies and claims.
- Reported to partners on activities and risk levels by policy type, resulting in a 15% reduction in high risk exposures.
PEACHTREE INSURANCE GROUP, Atlanta, GA
1988 - 1993
Oversaw sales and marketing activities for second largest territory. Achieved superior loss ratio. Reviewed ISO circulars and made appropriate recommendations. Successful direction of teams of account specialists, underwriters, and managers of group insurance accounts. Hired, trained, motivated, and retained valuable talent.
- Received numerous honors, including Employee of the Month, and Master Underwriter.
- Created training materials and conducted various Group Universal Life classes to increase knowledge of sales staff.
- Produced materials and delivered training to support renewal of underwriters’ licenses.
- Motivated and mentored sales persons on financial, underwriting, and risk selection to improve customer service.
BAKER AND BAKER, INC., Augusta, GA
1984 - 1988
Wrote policies and processed claims for Georgia Life Insurance Company. Provided insurance and investment counsel to clients, receiving National Quality Award for three years. Maintained thorough records of sales and database of client information.
- Achieved sales volume to qualify for the Million Dollar Round Table, an international industry organization recognizing the top 5% of agents.
- Focused on reputation for quality personal service to increase referrals.
- Developed insurance and investment targets based on actuarial data to advise clients on financial plans.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Bachelor of Arts (Psychology), 1984
Atlanta College, Atlanta, Georgia
Minor: Business Management
Professional training in:
Merchants Insurance Group – Courses in Property, Casualty, Reinsurance, and Public Relations
CPCU Training – Parts I, II, VII, and IX
Allstate Insurance Company – Interior/Exterior Property Inspection
Computer training – Windows 2000, Lotus Notes, Office 2000, Oracle, and Microsoft Project.
Two-term President of Atlanta Lions Club
Volunteer for American Heart Association
Fundraiser for American Cancer Society
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Insurance Claims Representative Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need to prepare a cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for a job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Insurance Claims Representative resume sample.