IT Network Administrator Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE IT NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
Street Address, City, ST ZipCode, Country / Phone #, Email Address
IT Network Administrator
IT network administrator with 15 years experience in the planning, design, and implementation of network technologies. Background includes hands-on experience with multi-platform, LAN/WAN environments. Demonstrated record of success in troubleshooting computers, increasing efficiency, and optimizing the access and utilization of shared information. Specialist in extending technology services from corporate headquarters to field operations. Professionally certified in a wide range of networking technologies.
| || || |
|CENTRAL TEXAS CALLCENTERS, Abilene, TX||1998 - Present|
IT Network Administrator
Coordinated data and voice communications for domestic and international operations of multi-billion dollar corporation. Held financial oversight of local, national, and international division communication budgets in excess of $4.9M.
- Designed new systems application that provided Web-based monitoring of all telecommunications activities.
- Established technical infrastructure requirements, including voice communications, voice over IP, hardware/software applications, PBX, CMS, server applications, Oracle database, SQL database, Centre Vu IP, Meeting Place, and Centre Vu Supervisor.
- Analyzed costs resulting in reduction of $17M in redundant technology-related expenses.
- Identified significant drain on corporate budget, reduced Cell-Pager-ISP expenses by 50% within 90 days.
|BARNES DRILLING, Dallas, TX||1992 - 1998|
Designed and constructed a wide-area network connecting satellite offices to corporate headquarters. Oversaw setup of servers and desktop workstations. Recruited and trained network and desktop support technicians. Prepared budgets and managed expenses. Configured routers, firewalls, domain name services, e-mail, Web, and ftp services.
- Implemented wide-area network to increase availability of field data at corporate headquarters and improve communications with field technicians.
- Researched, negotiated, and instituted standard server configuration for remote sites, achieving 27% cost savings while establishing a corporate-wide server standard.
- Performed impromptu security checks of servers and networks to verify adequate virus protection and compliance with corporate procedures.
- Conducted training sessions for server administrators to collaborate on future plans and coordinate IT development projects.
|FW STOCKYARDS, Fort Worth, TX||1989 - 1992|
Managed local area network, servers, and communications connections to remote locations. Installed network concentrators, bridges, routers, and repeaters. Configured network servers and trained local administrators on standard network server procedures, including virus protection and other security measures.
- Directed electrician to install network cabling to industry standards during renovation project.
- Developed and implemented desktop computing and networking standards to simplify network environment and troubleshooting.
- Connected remote sites to central network system to allow direct transfer of production and sales data.
- Designed and implemented a database to track network equipment, computers, servers, and software.
|FORT WORTH FINANCIALS, INC., Fort Worth, TX||1987 - 1989|
Configured and maintained Novell Netware server for department of 30 financial professionals. Performed regular backup, maintenance, and archival of user data. Trained users on shared server resources.
- Assigned user accounts and granted permissions to shared resources. Assured senior management of data protection by demonstrating permission settings.
- Conducted security analysis to identify and address weaknesses.
- Monitored available disk space to ensure sufficient space for regular operations.
- Installed, configured, and updated server-based applications, including accounting system and records database.
Bachelor of Science (Mathematics), 1987
Baton Rouge State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Minor: Management Information Systems
Novell Certified Engineer
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
Microsoft Certified Professional
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other IT Network Administrator Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the IT Network Administrator resume sample.