IT Specialist Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE IT SPECIALIST RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode
|Day: Phone #||Email Address||Eve: Phone #|
|Social Security No:||999-99-9999|
|Highest Federal Civilian Grade Held:||N/A|
Announcement: Mint-HQ-CI-2002-0023, IT SPECIALIST (SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION)
GS-2210-13/13, Department of the Treasury, U.S. Mint
|Platforms:||Windows NT/2000/XP, UNIX, Mac, MS Exchange, Novel|
|Protocols:||TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, PPP, NetBIOS, Netbeui, Ethernet, Token Rings, AppleTalk|
|Hardware:||IIS Servers, MS Servers, Citrix Servers, NetWare Servers, Cisco Routers|
|Tools:||SMS, Open View, NetIQ, IIS 4.0, NetWare, IntranetWare, CheckPoint 2000,|
|99999 White Granite Drive, Suite 301||40 hours/week|
|Oakton, VA 22124||Salary: $72,600/year|
|Supervisor: Mr. George Peterson, 999-999-9999||Supervisor may be contacted|
Senior Engineer/Project Manager for Network Security
Lead network and helpdesk team to manage and troubleshoot 500-plus-user enterprise network and information security systems for 24/7 availability. Provide strategic, technical, and budgetary planning in design, expansion, and implementation of enterprise WAN/LAN network infrastructure. Assist IT director in managing daily operations of all information technology systems. Write and develop technical documents. Establish and administer IT security policies. Maintain accurate documentation of all corporate hardware and software assets to facilitate customer support and problem resolution.
- Serve as technical expert to director and senior management on network and security issues.
- Manage specialized technical projects, monitoring progress, controlling costs, hiring and supervising contractors, and providing status reports.
- Establish and administer periodical testing of network backup and recovery procedures to protect corporate data and system assets.
- Develop detailed, comprehensive communication plans, change management plans, risk assessments, and standard operating procedures.
- Design and lead network and security system upgrades, providing technical guidance and problem-solving analysis.
|9999 Massachusetts Ave., N.W.||40 hours/week|
|Washington DC||Salary: $65,200/year|
|Supervisor: Ms. Allison Greer, 999-999-9999||Supervisor may be contacted|
Supervised and maintained daily network operations, including internet/intranet site administration, backup, disaster recovery, virus-protection, e-mail, and security. Researched, planned, developed, and implemented overall integrated LAN/WAN system design, including software/hardware component specifications, upgrades, configuration, and expansion. Monitored and diagnosed network system-level issues of performance, speed, reliability, and accessibility. Installed, upgraded, and configured routers, switches, and hubs.
- Provided Level III in-house support to technical staff and end-users.
- Planned project management of infrastructure for NT, Netware, and Citrix LAN/WAN networks, including design, analysis, evaluation, installation, and maintenance.
- Ensured high user satisfaction through personal consultation and issue follow-up for comprehensive resolutions.
- Resolved problems related to collision, data traffic congestion, LAN segmentation, and network cable standards.
- Trained less senior technicians and support specialists on system configuration, client access, and troubleshooting skills.
|MEDICAL DEVELOPMENT INTERNATIONAL||3/98–7/99|
|999 Deerfield Avenue, Suite 300||40 hours/week|
|Lansdowne, VA 20176||Salary: $53,000/year|
|Supervisor: Mr. Adam Taylor, 999-999-9999||Supervisor may be contacted|
- Provided overall analysis of software applications and communications software. Maintained, installed, and developed LAN/WAN systems. Diagnosed server issues for Windows NT and NetWare Servers. Installed, upgraded, and tested server hardware/software. Worked closely with internal customers and vendors.
- Provided 24/7 on-site/phone technical support to Microsoft/Novell LAN/WAN networks consisting of 400 plus users, 310+ desktop computers, and over 90 laptop computers hosted in six branch offices located in Maryland, Washington, DC, and Virginia.
- Configured and integrated TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, PPP, AppleTalk, and other LAN network protocols in a LAN/WAN environment.
- Participated in network hardware/software installation tasks and system integration tasks.
|GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY||1/90–2/98|
|Gelman Library||40 hours/week|
|Washington, DC||Salary: $48,900/year|
|Supervisor: Ms. Betty Wilson, 999-999-9999||Supervisor may be contacted|
Configured and documented standard desktop computer workstations. Upgraded and maintained systems. Trained and assisted users with hands-on troubleshooting of workstation equipment and peripherals. Tested programs for completeness, maintaining documentation. Designed and created forms and reports. Authored and delivered user training.
- Developed and administered three in-house library databases.
- Wrote and revised programming codes, macros, and script/batch files.
- Created menu/tool bars for data input/output of online systems.
Masters of Science, Management Information Systems, 12/97
GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY–WASHINGTON, DC
Bachelor of Science, Computer Engineering, 6/82
TANG KING PO SCHOOL (High School)
16 Tin Kwong Road, Kowloon, China, 3/77
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other IT Specialist Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the IT Specialist resume sample.