Land Survey Technician Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE LAND SURVEY TECHNICIAN RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode
Experienced Land Survey Technician offering diversified background in research, design, layout, and development in a variety of environments. Knowledgeable about all aspects of surveying including CADD software design, preparing legal descriptions, problem-solving, training staff on software, and research. In depth educational background. Learn new concepts quickly, work well independently and without supervision. Willingly accepts increased responsibilities, and uses creativity, technical and mechanical skills to effectively manage multiple projects and meet deadlines. Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills, and proven ability to communicate and interact with management, engineers, programmers, people of all levels or an organization and from diverse backgrounds.
Systems and Hardware:
Sokkia SDR-33 Data Collector, ITS (Intelligent Transportation System), CTV (Closed Captioned Television), CMS (Changeable Message Sign), Speed and Pressure Detection Devices, ISDN and Fiber Optic Networks, Multisync Projection Unit, TTI Video Trailer equipment Windows NT.
AutoCAD (Ver. 14), Microstation, Carlson Survey, Eagle Point, Packsoft Microsoft Office Suite, and Internet Communications.
|EMPLOYMENT HISTORY AND SELECTED ACCOMPLISHMENTS|
WALLACE CONSULTANTS, INC., Chicago, Illinois
1999 - Present
|Land Survey Technician|
|• Designed and drew numerous legal documents including ALTA/ACSM Land Title Survey, Plat of Subdivision, Plat of Topography, and house line surveys |
• Visited county governmental centers to research and collect documents to complete above--mentioned surveys
• Research and incorporated new field-to-finish software, completely changing company's procedures and reducing completion time of surveys
• Worked with field crew to teach them how to use new software in field
• Aided in setting up company CADD standards
• Wrote legal descriptions of parcels of land
• Aided civil engineering department in completing grading plans, post construction plans, utility plans, and details.
• Assisted field crew in surveying
MICHIGAN TRANSPORTATION INSTITUTE, Flint, Michigan
1997 - 1999
|• Actively participated in the preliminary research, development and testing of sophisticated computerized traffic control center including system layout and hardware/device experimentation |
• Assisted in research and development of a mobile, closed-captioned television trailer including hardware and equipment testing, set-up and selection
• Worked closely with computer programmer to design a program used to control all units including CCTV, CMS, and Loops
• Worked with fiber optic and ISDN networks and trunklines, PCs, video switching, compression and projection equipment, remote computer reboot units, and a variety of complex electronic devices
• Developed 25 sq. mile geographical map and assisted in programming for a major NASCAR speedway
GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION, Atlanta, Georgia
1994 - 1997
|Engineering Technician IV|
|• Assisted in designing preliminary layout of an ITS (Intelligent Transportation System), a multi-stage project with an estimated cost of $3.2 million |
• Designed the preliminary layouts of two additions to the original ITS during the summers of 1995 and 1996
• Used Microstation to design and-build plans used to locate drainage systems obstructing ITS and other projects
|EDUCATION AND TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE|
UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA, Atlanta, Georgia
|Bachelor of Arts, Computer Graphics|
COLLIN COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Atlanta, Georgia
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Land Survey Technician Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Land Survey Technician resume sample.