Lead Programmer Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE LEAD PROGRAMMER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|VISIONARY TECHNOLOGY PROFESSIONAL|
Proven expertise in lifecycle project/product management from conception to completion, driving process improvements at all levels with forward-thinking, strategic-planning attitude to surpass expectations and goals.
Energetic and decisive business leader able to merge disparate staff into team-centered project teams. Demonstrated team-building, relationship-building and communications skills.
|SUMMARY OF SKILLS|
|PLATFORMS: Mainframe (MVS, OS390), UNIX |
RELATIONAL DATABASES: DB2, Oracle, IMS, Microsoft Access
PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES: SQL, Netscape (HTML), JAVA, COBOL, COBOL II, Assembler, Macros, Fileaid, Syncsort, JCL
DATA WAREHOUSE TOOLS: Prism, Business Objects, Cognos Impromptu & PowerPlay, Information Advantage, IPSYS, DataVantage
MANAGEMENT TOOLS: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, ABC Flowcharter, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Project, Visio
TRAVLERSEXPRESS COMPANY, INC., St. Paul, MN
1998 - Present
|Largest processor of money orders in the U.S. and an expanding global leader in the payment services industry.|
|Lead Programmer/Analyst: Consumer Search|| |
2000 - Present
|• Lead development on multiple projects from conception to completion: resource gathering, design, resource planning, task delegation, staff mentorship and supervision of implementation. |
• Recommended and implemented development process modifications to accommodate rapid change.
• Helped create the overall development lead flowchart and presented it to executive management.
• Serve on the TravelersExpress Directors Special Events Committee, orchestrating company events for staff of 120.
• Recruited as the new Exchange Bureau group's first development programmer for group which expanded to a staff of 120 in 3 years.
• Led development of multiple products which generated significant revenue, including MoneyMagic, GlobalMovement, and FinanceSmarter.
|Senior Programmer/Analyst: Data Warehouse|| |
1998 - 2000
|• Guided and directed developers on multiple projects. |
• Designed and developed for infrastructure and product-development projects.
• Assisted in designing and developing the Exploratory Data Warehouse (UNIX), a major initiative to aid the decision-analysis team in increasing product sales.
• Volunteered to be Group Trainer and Developer Trainer in using Travelers' implementation tools and Y2K testing and documentation.
MEDTRONIC, INC., Minneapolis, MN
|Senior Programmer/Analyst: Data Warehouse & A/P Support|
World leader in medical technology providing lifelong solutions for people with chronic disease
• Served as primary support for Oracle A/P application.
MERRITT CORPORATION, Minneapolis, MN
1989 - 1998
Major Fortune 500 company and book telemarketing and e-commerce business.
Personal career path with Fingerhut provided ground floor up, cross training and multi-tasking. Progressively pursued increased responsibility and training, and received consistent performance-based promotions.
|Programmer/Analyst II: Data Warehouse|| |
1996 - 1998
|• Led development team in implementing a new Data Store. |
• Coordinated and maintained the group's Web site.
• Supported mainframe jobs, UNIX scripts and daily/weekly/monthly Oracle Data Warehouse update tables.
• Assisted in support of Business Objects and Information Advantage query tools; trained users in their use.
• Developed and led a workshop for user training.
• Served on team that initially consolidated the Data Stores into one Data Mart.
|Programmer/Analyst II: Marketing Support|| |
1994 - 1996
|• Supported mainframe jobs and programs for marketing applications.|
|Associate Select Coordinator|| |
1992 - 1994
|Data Entry Operator|| |
1989 - 1992
|• Rapidly assumed increased responsibility to encompass using macro-generated select functions, writing instructions to select names of mailing customers and coordinating interdepartmental mailings.|
UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA, St. Paul, MN
|Bachelor of Arts, Information Technology Management|
MANKATO TECHNICAL COLLEGE, Mankato, MN
|A.A.S., Computer Programming|
|• Object Oriented Analysis & Design • Oracle Training - SQL, PL/SQL |
• Impromptu and PowerPlay Training • Prior Resources Personal Growth Training (ongoing)
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Lead Programmer Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Lead Programmer resume sample.