Legal Secretary Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE LEGAL SECRETARY RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|Office administration position that will utilize proven office and personnel management, project development, organizational and administrative skills.|
|SELECTED SKILLS SUMMARY|
|SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS|
|• Able to responsively interact with clientele and staff to understand and define their specific administrative and communication needs while delivering those solutions through effective office management.
• Experienced in using software applications (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel) to create original professional documents, presentations, and reports.
• Outstanding communication skills, especially writing, editing, and proofreading copy.
• Outstanding organizational skills and proven application of these skills in all aspects of scheduling and managing staff under my supervision.
• Ability to coach people in desktop support situations.
• Experienced working in a variety of settings including Legal, Information Technology, Higher Education, and Corporate.
|Doyle and Reed Law Firm, Henderson, NC||1999 - Present|
|• Responsible for compiling, typing, proofreading, and revising correspondence and critical legal documents.
• Organize and enter legal scheduling deadlines in the Poyner & Spruill docket system.
• Work with both online and offline documents that are to be prepared for court filing and presentation.
• Serve in an administrative nature, responsible for organizing schedules and legal documents in both file and online databases.
• Process paperwork necessary for the opening of new legal matters.
• Responsible for organizing and scheduling travel arrangements for attorneys, prepare travel reimbursements.
|North Carolina University, Chapel Hill, NC||1997 - 1999|
|• Demonstrated management skills by providing office support for staff in four major divisions.
• Hired, trained, supervised, and coordinated the schedules of twelve student assistants.
• Processed and tracked paperwork and online transactions for purchasing, staff travel & training, and invoice payments in a timely and accurate manner to ensure completion of transactions.
• Managed and coordinated mail distribution, supplies, preparation of large mailings, parking permits & arrangements, office renovations & relocations, and all other administrative functions.
• Set up and managed several email lists.
• Maintained list of all renewable contracts for software licenses, hardware maintenance, and hardware & software support contracts.
• Nominated by my peers for an ATN Employee Recognition Award in the category of Peer Support.
|Eastern Baptist College, Enya, ND||1993 - 1997|
|The LEAD Program|
Student Academic Services Secretary (1996 - 1997)
General Secretary (1994 - 1996)
Receptionist (1993 - 1994)
|Hingston County Community College, Enya, ND||1992 - 1993|
|English Lab Assistant/Tutor|
|• Worked with professors to instruct small groups in WordPerfect 5.1, composition, and grammar software programs.
• Conducted formal lab orientation for new students in developmental reading & writing classes.
|Octagon, Inc., Falls Church, VA||1992 - 1993|
|• Provided administrative support for a growing computer sales and service company in the Midatlantic region by managing the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions, tracking account records, and maintaining a customer database and vendor files.|
|Hildibrand Library, Enya, ND||1990 - 1992|
|• Responsible for securing periodicals with sensor strips as part of the library's security system.
• Instructed library patrons in the use of automated research programs such as InfoTrac.
• Circulated and shelved books and materials.
|SELECTED SOFTWARE SKILLS|
|WESTERN NAZARENE COLLEGE, Enya, ND||1992|
|Graduate Studies in Education, 9/95-4/97, GPA: 3.9
Dean's List, Honor Roll, Honor Scholarship, GPA: 3.4
|TREVECCA NAZARENE COLLEGE, Travest, TX||1989|
|Undergraduate Studies in English and Journalism, 8/87-5/89 (transferred to WNC)
Dean's List, Honor Roll, Honor Scholarship, GPA: 4.0
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Legal Secretary Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Legal Secretary resume sample.