Manager of Software Development Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE MANAGER OF SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
Management professional with a background that spans over 13 years in the information technology industry. Emphasis on providing leadership for the architecture of multi-tier enterprise tools and management systems, and the development of their components. Special attention given to usability, performance, scalability, security, and fault-tolerance within mission-critical environments. Moved into positions of increased responsibility, eventually authoring and designing integrated product solutions, and earning the position of software development manager. Gained enterprise backup and recovery technologies experience, such as LAN-free backups, serverless backups, and snapshots. Additional background in database design, performance tuning, recovery, security, and internals. Management background includes:
BMC Software, Houston, Texas
2000 - Present
|Manager of Software Development|
|Provided management oversight of senior product development teams. Designed, developed, and tested shared components, such as data repository, security management, and product installation and deployment for the recovery management and storage management product lines, generating $200 million in revenue. Interacted internally with the chief technology officer, and vice presidents and directors of other business units within product development, product management, and sales. Communicated externally with managers and directors of information technology, and chief technology officers representing global client accounts. Reported to the vice president of product management and development for distributed systems. |
• Participated within a strategic planning leadership group comprised of architects, chief scientists, vice presidents, and directors, acting as an invention engine to create new products and enhance existing products to maintain a competitive edge in the marketplace.
• Collaborated with the Patrol and BMC common engineering business units to streamline and bridge architectures for better product synergy.
• Invited by the vice president of engineering for Patrol to participate and contribute to several brainstorming sessions that garnered ideas adopted into Patrol's next product generation.
• Provided technical advice to the sales and marketing arm of the business unit by talking directly to clients, and reviewing marketing brochures and presentations.
• Built a security management software component and made it compatible with security management interfaces developed by the common engineering business unit.
• Developed information sharing bridges between data repositories using the Command Information Modeling standard, which allowed information to be shared and exchanged between products.
• Created an installation tool for two product lines by expanding Patrol's installation system, and adding features and intelligence to process the non-Patrol components, which eliminated product coexistence and compatibility problems .
BMC Software, Houston, Texas
1998 - 2000
|Senior Product Author|
|Served as the main architect and author in masterminding and developing new solutions with management bonus objectives. Created new components and code, and integrated existing stand-alone products in Austin, Houston, and San Jose, California. Provided technical direction to directors, managers, and lead developers. Communicated with vice presidents and directors of product development, and vice presidents and directors of product management. Worked with inbound marketing team. Reported to the vice president of product management and development for distributed systems recovery. |
• Authored and designed the Application Recovery Suite of integrated products.
• Selected to contribute in the shaping of product vision and strategy in distributed systems recovery unit, including identification of potential partnerships and acquisition opportunities such as the previously acquired DataTools recovery management products.
• Participated in partnership discussions with major software vendors such as Oracle, Sybase, Veritas, and Legato to establish interaction and synergy with third-party products.
BMC Software, Houston, Texas
1993 - 1998
|Product Author / Lead Product Developer|
|Led a cross-functional team of lead developers, developers, testers, build engineers, and technical support staff in the delivery of several releases of distributed systems recovery management products, which generated over $15 million by 1998. These products provided centralized management of enterprise Oracle and Sybase backup and recovery processes, and supported several third-party management products. Reported to the manager of software development. |
• Recommended and participated in the evaluation of DataTools, which became an $80 million acquisition and contributed significantly to the revenue producing power of BMC's recovery management products.
• Originally assigned to this unit as a lead product developer until 1996, when successfully delivered three products (Patrol Recovery Manager and two knowledge modules within Patrol), earning the promotion to product author.
BMC Software, Houston, Texas
1988 - 1993
|Coded and tested MVS DB2 performance tuning, and DB2 performance monitoring products, which generated $25 million and $30 million respectively by 1999. |
• Attained a patent for work on dynamic management of DB2 logs.
• Implemented programs and procedures which provided BMC with tools to automate a testing process.
• Co-authored the first quality assurance methodology guide at BMC.
BULL TRANSAC, Paris, France
1985 - 1988
|Analyzed, designed, and implemented a graphical editor for a Desktop system, and wrote thesis for degree based on results.|
|EDUCATION AND TRAINING|
THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT AUSTIN, Austin, Texas
|Accepted into the Executive Option II MBA Program.|
UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON, Houston, Texas
|Ph.D, Computer Science|
L'ECOLE CENTRALE DES ARTS ET MANUFACTURES, Paris, France
|Principal Engineer in Computer Science (6 year program)|
|TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND PATENT|
|•||Languages: C, C++, SQL, PSL, OS/370 Assembler, Pascal, and Fortran|
|•||Software: Oracle, Sybase, Informix, DB2, MS SQL Server, SQL BackTrack, Patrol, SAP/R3, VTAM, VSAM, TPNS, Legato Networker, Veritas Netbackup, Trvoli Storage Manager, BMC backup and recovery products, BMC application and system management products, BMC DB2 performance products, Rational Rose, Caliber, and Vantive|
|•||Operating Systems: HP UX, AIX, Solaris, MVS/ESA, and NT|
|•||Hardware: HP 9000, Sun SPARC, RISC/6000, ES9000, IBM 3090/600, NT server, PC, Intelligent storage devices, SAN, and NAS|
|•||Additional: COM, DCOM, CORBA, SNMP, WBEM, CIM, J/ODBC, XML, JINI, JSP, Servlets, Tomcat, RMI, EJB, and UML|
|•||Patent: Method of Dynamically Adding and Removing DB2 Active Logs - US005430871A|
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Manager of Software Development Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Manager of Software Development resume sample.