Marine Inspector Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE MARINE INSPECTOR RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
Street Address • City, ST ZipCode
Day Phone # • Evening Phone # • Email Address
|Highest Federal Civilian Job Held: N/A
Federal Status: U.S. Coast Guard, W-2, 6/81-Present
JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: CG-02-0723-WTC
MARINE INSPECTOR, GS-1801-11/12
DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION, U.S. COAST GUARD
♦ 21 years experience Senior Marine Inspector, Program Manager, Engineering Officer, Supervisor, and Trainer for US Coast Guard, including 3 years experience as Commercial Fisherman.
♦ 30 years extensive educational, professional development background: courses in emergency operations, vessel operation/maintenance, safety inspection, and related areas.
♦ Organized, thorough inspector; track record of conducting comprehensive investigations and data analysis leading to pro-active process improvements and policy changes.
♦ Skilled technician and troubleshooter; quickly able to pinpoint safety violations/equipment errors, and recommend action plans to resolve problems within federal, state, and local guidelines.
♦ Strong leader: develops sound, sustainable relationships with crew members, upper management, government agencies and associates, and fishing industry professionals.
♦ Impeccable record of training and leading crew members in the fulfillment of goals and objectives.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND KNOWLEDGE AREAS:
JOB-RELATED SKILLS, CERTIFICATIONS, AND LICENSES
Licensed US Coast Guard Merchant Marine Officer
US Coast Guard Qualified Commercial Fishing Industry Vessel Safety Examiner
Small Passenger Vessel, Foreign Tank/Chemical Tank/Freight Vessel, and Machinery Inspector
Accomplished Commercial Fishing Vessel Builder
Experienced Commercial Fisherman
|United States Coast Guard||6/81-Present|
|1764 Jimmy Johnson Blvd.||40 hours/week|
|Port Arthur, Texas 77650||Starting Salary: E-1|
|Supervisor: CDR Wilson, 409-723-8729||Ending Salary: W-2|
|Supervisor may be contacted.|
U.S. Coast Guard, W-2
Maintained highly successful steady career progression from E-1 to W-2, encompassing various positions for Coast Guard, including Engineering Officer, Supervisor, Training Specialist, Program Manager, and Marine Inspector/Investigator, with emphasis on 9-years as Boarding Officer, conducting “fisheries enforcement boarding” to ensure compliance with federal fisheries law. Gained initial experience and expertise in enforcement of commercial fishing vessel safety laws.
SELECTED CONTRIBUTIONS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
- Promotion from Marine Inspector and Investigator to Senior Marine Inspector based on performance and technical engineering expertise.
- Enforcement state and federal laws successfully while assigned as Law Enforcement Liaison Officer, working jointly with North Carolina Fisheries Division and local Federal Marine Fisheries Officer.
- Ensured US vessel fleet compliance with federal regulations, completing detailed audits of ship management processes while assigned as Manager for Alternate Compliance Inspection Program.
- Oversaw new construction projects for steel vessels at Marine Safety Office Port Arthur, fulfilling blueprint objectives; engineering plan analyses; systems testing; and fire/safety plan review.
- Directed numerous marine casualty cases involving commercial fishing vessels, determining root causes, recommending preventative changes, and ensuring thorough documentation.
- Created training program for newly assigned crew of CG Block Island that emphasized “at-sea” boardings of commercial fishing vessels and boosted crewmember competency.
- As Coast Guard Commercial Fishing Vessel Examiner, collaborated with Commercial Fishing Vessel branch in conducting comprehensive fishing vessel safety exams and informative fishing vessel safety shows.
|Brooks Seafood||6/78 – 6/81|
|518 Island Drive||40 hours/week|
|Harkers Island, NC 28531||Starting Salary: $15,000|
|Supervisor: Dan Melon (919) 742-9898||Ending Salary: $39,000|
|Supervisor may be contacted.|
Hired as deck hand and fisherman responsible for controlling processes using various types of commercial nets and setting/recovering commercial fishing gear. Operated under adverse weather conditions on open deck, retrieving gear and sorting catch. In charge of equipment and vessel maintenance necessary for proper operating condition.
SELECTED CONTRIBUTIONS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
- Promoted to Captain for sole operations management of commercial vessel.
- Built strong network of personal contacts with commercial fishermen over past 20 years to present.
- Assisted company owner in “building from scratch” two commercial fishing vessels specifically designed for Carteret County, North Carolina region, gaining experience in wood boat construction, project planning, purchasing, and observation of safety regulations in design.
Diploma, 1978, East Carteret High School, Beaufort, NC 77657
U.S. Coast Guard Training Center—Yorktown, Yorktown, VA
270 Coast Guard Medium Endurance Cutter Ships Service Generator Waste Heat Recovery System and Evaporator
270 Medium Endurance Cutter Main Propulsion Control and Monitoring System
Caterpillar Diesel Engines Operation and Maintenance
Maritime Law Enforcement School, U.S. Coast Guard
Human Factors Engineering Course (MS 540 R)
Hydraulic Systems Operation and Maintenance
Senior Marine Inspector Course (MS 452A R)
Engine Governors Operation and Maintenance
270 Medium Endurance Cutter Controllable Pitch Propeller
Marine Inspector Course (MS 452)
Damage Control Team Training
Alco Model 251 Diesel Engine
Small Cutter Damage Control
U.S. Coast Guard Training Center—Governors Island, New York, NY
National Search and Rescue School
Texas A&M University—US Fire Administration, Lumberton, TX
Managing Company Tactical Operations–Decision-Making and Preparations Courses
Texas A&M University—Clute, Livingston, TX
16 Hours Pump Operations/Communications
Pump Operations and Maintenance
Texas A&M University—College Station, TX
US Coast Guard Advanced Marine Firefighting Course
Firefighting Course I & II
Emergency Response Strike Team—Nederland, TX
Incident Command System Training Course
Avoid Impending Disaster Inc. —Port Neches, TX
Emergency Response Training (Technician Level)
Vehicle Fleet Insurance Services—Lumberton, TX
Emergency Vehicle Driver Training
McMillan Offshore Survival Training—Port Arthur, TX
Water/Helicopter Emergency Escape Device Survival Training
Quality Maritime Consultancy and Training LTD—Yorktown, VA
Maritime Auditor/Lead Auditor Course (A9098)
American Bureau of Shipping Marine Services, Inc.—Yorktown, VA
Understanding the International Safety Management Code
Bureau Veritas—Port Arthur, TX
International Safety Management Code Familiarization
American Bureau of Shipping Academy—Yorktown, VA
Welding Inspection for the Marine Surveyor
Naval Aviation Schools Command—Pensacola, FL
Limited Duty Officer/Chief Warrant Officer Indoctrination Course (Q-9B-0023)
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Marine Inspector Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Marine Inspector resume sample.