Materials Manager Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE MATERIALS MANAGER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|• Comprehensive experience in materials planning, including responsibility of $2 million budget, inventory control, MRP, and Distribution Requirements Planning (DRP).
• Proven ability to coordinate and continue normal daily production during corporate mergers.
• Skilled at effectively utilizing Internet to research, source and purchase materials resulting in reduced costs and improved delivery time.
|Ten years experience in Materials Management in a manufacturing environment.
Goldman Publishers, Los Angeles, CA
1991 - Present
|Managed and controlled $1.5 million inventory. Established purchasing, inventory control, and shipping/receiving departments implementing an efficient customer returns procedure, export licensing and European shipping procurement policies.
• Served as liaison with engineering, manufacturing, and service department to insure compliance of procedures and timely, accurate dispersal of corporate-wide information.
• Brainstormed with engineers and vendors to implement a cost effective customer service system recognizing savings of $100,000 annually.
• Streamlined system to process customer returns and process export licenses through development of automated tracking program.
• Negotiated vendor contracts.
• Hired, trained, and supervised staff devising a "promote from within" program maximizing employee retention and improving productivity.
Doyle Printing, Long Beach, CA
1989 - 1991
|Materials Controls Supervisor|
|Designed and implemented cost effective stockroom and quarterly inventory control system.
• Supervised all shipping and receiving personnel and managed stockroom operations including requisition of export licenses.
• Interacted with purchasing department to evaluate materials status and define efficient stock ordering procedure.
• Assisted with conversion of inventory control system from manual to automated IBM system 36.
Doyle Printing, Long Beach, CA
1983 - 1989
|• Planned, purchased, and expedited all electro-mechanical items recognizing significant cost reduction through effective vendor sourcing and negotiating. Interfaced with Manufacturing and Engineering departments as needed.|
Southwestern University, Pasadena, CA
|Bachelor of Science, Business Management|
Human Behavior within the Organization
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Materials Manager Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Materials Manager resume sample.