Medical Technician Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE MEDICAL TECHNICIAN RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
Street Address, City, ST ZipCode, Country, Phone #, Email Address
Technical medical professional with over 10 years experience providing medical services in emergency response settings and operating rooms. Experienced in operating room procedures, including preparation and maintenance of medical instruments. Recognized for the ability to remain calm in crisis situations. Continually maintain thorough knowledge of medical technology by obtaining professional certifications and attending technical training sessions.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
| || |
RAYBURN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, SAN ANTONIO, TX
1999 – Present
Prepared and maintained operating room instruments and supplies required for all surgeries. Coordinated with OR staff to verify exact instruments needed. Thoroughly decontaminated, cleaned, sorted, and scoped instruments after surgical procedures.
- Carefully scoped instrument trays and setup surgical equipment to meet OR Nurse specifications.
- Developed a formal checklist to guide preparation of instrument trays, L&D trays, and cardiac cathlab for out patient surgeries.
- Ordered and distributed surgical supplies to guarantee adequate supply for operations.
- Ensured sterile conditions by autoclaving and gas sterilizing all trays.
FIRSTALERT EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM, DALLAS, TX
1996 - 1999
Emergency Medical Technician
Provided emergency response to 911 calls, including traffic accidents, domestic violence, fires, explosions, accidents, and serious sudden illnesses. Provided first aid for body trauma while remaining alert to psychological conditions and effects. Remained calm in dangerous or crisis situations.
- Developed specialty in emergency treatment of burn victims, resulting in 24% fewer victims requiring skin grafts and plastic surgery.
- Established personal rapport with traumatized patients to provide comfort while administering emergency treatment.
- Devised a memory aid to create a mental map of the most frequented neighborhoods. Taught the technique to several colleagues, decreasing their average response time by 5 minutes.
- Applied experience with hospital procedure to ensure readiness of ER staff.
1992 - 1996
Assisted medical personnel in the planning, evaluation and delivery of patient care including inpatient care, outpatient care, emergency services, and disaster preparedness. Provided medical technician support for over 2,500 adult and pediatric patients per month. Oversaw $68,000 of medical supplies and equipment; controlled and coordinated clinic requirements.
- Created and maintained provider schedules utilizing Composite Health Care System.
- Assisted in the creation, revision, and implementation of operating instructions, policies, and job descriptions to maintain consistent quality.
- Assisted in the care and treatment of allergy patients, by administering tests and immunizations.
- Maintained medical records, receiving commendations for thoroughness and accuracy in completion of reports and patient documentation.
CENTRAL TEXAS STATE COLLEGE, WACO, TEXAS
1988 - 1992
Maintained close attention to all activity in the swimming pool area, anticipating hazardous situations and reacting calmly to emergencies. Provided emergency treatment using standard lifesaving procedures. Maintained cleanliness and safety of pool area.
- Conducted water safety classes to encourage safe behavior for beginning swimmers.
- Trained new lifeguards to use a continuous scan technique to react 20% faster to events.
- Redesigned lifeguard activity reports to highlight priority issues for management attention.
- Received Lifeguard of the Year award for two consecutive years.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, 1992
Central Texas State College, Waco, Texas
Medical Assistant Specialist, 1993
US Navy Medical Technician School
Certified Sterile Processing & Distribution Technician
Registered Emergency Medical Technician
Certified Nurse Assistant
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Medical Technician Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Medical Technician resume sample.