News Journalist Resume Sample
This combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types/styles. The format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. This is an increasingly popular resume format.
THE NEWS JOURNALIST RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
|• Over 5 years experience as a Television News Journalist and Field Producer. |
• Proven ability to maintain calm demeanor and make split second decisions under extreme deadline pressure.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; well liked and respected by peers.
• Outstanding Writer and Word Processor, with typing speed exceeding 65 WPM.
• San Diego local; familiar with geography and continuing news stories making daily headlines.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Professional Impressions, Coronado, CA
2000 - Present
|Owner/Operator of professional writing service specializing in personal and business marketing materials, including résumés, press releases, business proposals and custom voicemail greetings. |
• Earned professional certification from two nationally recognized résumé writing associations within first year of operation.
• Conceptualized "International Update your Résumé Month" to raise public awareness of Professional Résumé Writing Industry.
• Gained favorable résumé industry publicity on local San Diego television station.
• Authored monthly column titled "Alert the Media" encouraging Résumé Writers to seek media publicity for their business.
• Selected as National Speaker for PRWRA 2002 Annual Convention to teach résumé writers how to handle media publicity.
Octagon Communications, Denver, CO
1998 - 2000
|Western Regional Manager|
|Western Regional Manager for television news feed service that covers breaking news and offers video sharing between member stations. |
• Wrote and edited scripts and corresponding video for daily feeds; handled special requests for news archive tape and live shots, and interfaced daily with all regional member stations throughout western region.
• Hired and supervised crews, including Photographers, Reporters, and Satellite Truck Operators during breaking news and planned events on location.
• Managed five field crews (Octagon, KLIS, KCIE, KUFW, KIE TV) in adverse weather conditions, while covering the Columbine High School Shootings, executing 119 live shots in 2 days.
• Approved scripts, oversaw editing, and spoke with Producers during live shots to ensure seamless broadcast.
• Coordinated annual regional conference resulting in greater cooperation among affiliates.
• Developed strong relationships with television news personnel at all levels.
CBS Nightly News, Denver, CO
1996 - 1998
|Freelance Coordinator and Field Producer|
|Freelance Coordinator and Field Producer for television news feed service that covers breaking news and offers video sharing between members. |
• Planned, wrote, and directed CBS Nightly News Mountain feed to CBS affiliates worldwide for re-broadcast on local newscasts.
• Produced field team of Oklahoma City Bombing Trials, JonBenét Ramsey Murder, Denver Blizzard of 1997, and the Summit of 8.
KLKJ-TV/News 12, Colorado Springs, CO
|Assignment Editor/Reporter for local NBC affiliate in market 96. |
• Assigned stories and dispatched crews to breaking and planned news events.
• Interviewed newsmakers, wrote, produced, and edited news stories for broadcast.
• Briefed producers and networks on daily basis regarding local stories, noting exceptional video when necessary
Zane Networks, Denver, CO
1993 - 1995
|Traffic Anchor and Reporter|
|Traffic Anchor and Reporter for company that provided live on-air traffic reports to local radio and television stations throughout Colorado. |
• Reported traffic live on seven local radio stations and KBGF-TV.
• Performed hourly beat checks to inquire about accidents and traffic jams.
|Certified Résumé Writer (CRW), Professional Résumé Writing and Research Association |
October 2001 (www.prwra.com)
Certified Professional Résumé Writer, Professional Association of Résumé Writers
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
|PRWRA Annual Conference, Atlanta, GA 2002 |
Awarded Most Innovative Idea for conceptualizing International Update Your Résumé Month and Volunteers for Careers.
|•||NewStar, AP NewsCenter, DCM, MS Windows 3.1/95/98/ME/NT/2000, MS Office: Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Explorer; Netscape, Quicken, Publisher, Scott Studios, DAD, SIS, RCS, Macintosh|
NORTHERN ARIZONA UNIVERSITY, Flagstaff, AZ
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other News Journalist Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the News Journalist resume sample.