Occupational Medicine Physician Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE OCCUPATIONAL MEDICINE PHYSICIAN RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|Solo Practitioner and Independent Contractor specializing in workplace health issues related to Workers' Compensation claims. Extensive knowledge of medical diagnostic and patient care services, providing medical expertise and consultation in various settings, including industrial/manufacturing, health care facilities, law firms, and insurance carriers. Strong understanding of current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment. |
Medical College of New Jersey, New Jersey
|Doctor of Medicine|
University of New York, New York
|Masters, Public Health|
University of New York, New York
|Bachelor of Arts|
American Academy of Pain Management
|• Board Certified, American Board of Family Practice |
• Certified Medial Review Officer
• Certified Independent Medical Examiner
• Certified Ergonomics Specialist
• DiplomaDoctor of Medicine (MD)
PAUL SMITH, MD,MPH, PC, Clifton, New Jersey
2001 - Present
|Solo practitioner and independent contractor providing workplace health consulting and medical expertise to health care facilities, law firms, and insurance carriers in relation to injuries or conditions that occur in the workplace. |
• Established and maintained excellent client relationships, providing medical expertise and consultation on a regular basis to Durimax Steel, Celco Power, Vatts Steel, and other independent local clients.
• Successfully led and negotiated contract terms as Medical Director to Clifton Rehabilitation Systems, a statewide physical therapy chain.
• Independently performed IME (Independent Medical Evaluation) reports on injured workers to determine whether injuries had occurred; included conducting medical accident investigations for work relatedness, identifying cause, and providing recommendations for treatment or referral.
• Formulated strategies to reduce Workers' Compensation claims costs for Durimax Steel by 68% over a 3 year period; initiated a return to work program and early reporting and treatment of workplace injuries.
• Instrumental in initiating, writing, and administering a workplace drug policy for Durimax Steel, gaining Union support; company's previous experience introducing such policies received strong opposition from its Union.
• Provided on-site training in disability case management to company nurses, reducing company costs in lost time disability.
• Identified new and innovative approaches to enhance the effectiveness of Durimax Steel's Safety Program; integrated medical awareness with safety procedures, initiated a medical accident investigation protocol, and participated as the company's physician in Safety Committee Meetings.
• Spearheaded efforts to reduce mistrust between Union and Management by providing fair and objective management of Workers' Compensation injuries.
CLIFTON HEALTH CARE SERVICES, Clifton, New Jersey
1997 - 1998
|Occupational Medicine Physician|
|Reported directly to Vice President of Ambulatory Care evaluating and treating injured workers for leading healthcare facility within the area offering Occupational Medicine Services. |
• Established reputation as a credible occupational medical consultant within the corporate sector; managed company Workers' Compensation claims, minimizing client financial responsibility and expediting resolution of problematic cases.
• Enhanced reputation by performing on-site visits to client facilities, maintaining strong client relationships and creating loyal accounts; accurately determined causality for injuries and provided ergonomic and other safety recommendations to prevent similar accidents.
MERCY HOSPITAL, ENGLEWOOD - Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
1995 - 1996
|Reported directly to Chairman of Department for Englewood Cliffs Clinic at Mercy Hospital providing primary health care services through the evaluation and treatment of patients. |
• Developed on-site health care presentations at a local half-way house for women with drug related offences, educating them on the health effects of addiction to themselves and their children.
• Orchestrated the implementation of the Welfare Disability Examinations initiative, enabling individuals previously labeled as "disabled" to return to work
• Collaborated with case-workers on patient disability cases, performing evaluations to enable able-bodied individuals to return to work.
|New Jersey Self Insurers' Association Fall Workshop • Musculoskeletal Disorders & Ergonomics • Allergies at Work • Understanding HIPAA • Drug Diversion & Abuse • Risk Management Essentials for Physicians • Medical Review Officer Drug & Alcohol Testing • Principles of Workers' Compensation & Disability Case Management • Conflict Resolution|
|"Hand-Arm Syndrome" - New Jersey Self-Insurer's Association, New Jersey (Oct 2003) |
"The Therapist's Role in Disability Resolution" - Clifton Rehab Systems, New Jersey (Oct 2003)
"Health & Safety Effects for Shift-workers" - Durimax Safety Leadership Committee, New Jersey (Sept 2002)
"Guide to Disability Resolution" - Celco Power WC Claims Reserves Meeting, New Jersey (Mar 2002)
"Employer's Guide: Return to Work Strategies" - Clifton Services Committee, New Jersey (Mar 2001)
"How to Overcome Chronic Pain Syndrome" - Englewood Claims Association, New Jersey (Jan 2001)
|Chairperson, Industry for Workers' Compensation Reform, New Jersey |
Member, American College of Occupational & Environmental Medicine
Member, American Academy of Disability Evaluating Physicians
Member, American Academy of Family Practitioners
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Occupational Medicine Physician Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Occupational Medicine Physician resume sample.