Operations Engineer Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE OPERATIONS ENGINEER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|Position utilizing solid background as Buyer/Contract Administrator.|
|• Purchased millions of dollars worth of raw materials, machinery, equipment, machine parts, and finished goods. |
• Prepared estimates of man-hour requirements for procurement and inspection services and negotiated subcontractors' services.
• Secured shipping costs, brokerage fees, and duty fees through international brokers and then created competitive proposals.
• Negotiated and renegotiated material costs payment terms and warranty periods, arranged deliveries, and wrote product descriptions containing all technical information.
• Interacted extensively with engineering and technical personnel, on an ongoing basis, to insure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
• Developed and maintained open and professional relationships with international and domestic suppliers, securing agreements for exclusive access to products.
• Negotiated pricing for both sales and purchasing, resulting in enhanced profit margins.
• Increased sales and profit levels by developing new customers and expanding existing accounts.
• Demonstrated technical knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics by automating mechanical equipment and introducing new products.
• Trained and supervised sales staff, resulting in increased efficiency, customer service, and sales.
• Managed a wide range of documentation, including profit structure evaluations, proposals in all stages of negotiation, and inspection reports.
• Utilized computers to maintain inventory control, research suppliers, and prepare customer and vendor profiles.
Acme Distributors, Spokane, Washington
1991 - Present
|Maintain agreements with international suppliers throughout Europe, Asia, South America, and the United States. Prepare export papers for goods sold overseas. Purchase a variety of commodities, including hydraulic and pneumatic valves, electrical components, mechanical equipment, and machine parts. Perform troubleshooting of equipment and supervise repairs. |
• Handled procurement functions on $100 million turnkey project for Ford Motor Company.
• Created a profitable spare parts business that assisted customers in effecting repairs and increased profits by reducing downtime.
• Maintained positive and professional relationship with both suppliers and customers.
Baker Supplies, Spokane, Washington
1985 - 1991
|Established new accounts throughout Washington and Oregon by promoting new concepts and designs in hydraulics and pneumatics. Managed over 200 accounts generating over $1.5 million in annual sales. Purchased special equipment and coordinated its delivery and installation. |
• Turned an unprofitable territory into one of the most profitable in the company in less than a year.
• Introduced new products to major accounts, enabling them to achieve significant energy savings.
• Taught courses and seminars in Industrial Hydraulics to customers, maintenance workers, and sales staff.
• Increased turnaround time from contact to proposal, effectively eliminating competition.
• Consistently exceeded sales goals and projections and earned reputation as top sales engineer.Prior to 1985, worked as a Production Supervisor, Expeditor, and Materials Analyst.
Spokane Community College, Spokane, Washington
|Diploma, Production Planning|
|Purchasing Managers Association|
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Operations Engineer Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Operations Engineer resume sample.