Physician's Assistant Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE PHYSICIAN'S ASSISTANT RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|Licensed physician's assistant with 15 years experience, including 10 years within one practice. Specialize in internal medicine, family practice, and endocrinology. Extensive knowledge of medical treatment within a managed care organization, including workmen's compensation cases. Excellent clinician with strong people skills and bedside manner. Certified and licensed in the State of Texas as a physician's assistant. Earned additional degree in general studies.|
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
|· Diagnosed and treated medical illness and injuries.
· Elicited detailed patient histories.
· Examined patients for symptoms of organic or congenital disorders.
· Determined the nature and extent of injury or disorder, during both routine and problem-directed physical examinations.
· Utilized appropriate diagnostic aids and ordered laboratory tests.
· Performed therapeutic procedures.
· Counseled patients and family members on health and the disease process.
|SFB Staff, Houston, Texas
Physician's Assistant, 1999 - Present
|Provide patient care as a physician's assistant on temporary assignments.
· Diagnosed and treated patients of a family practice while physician was out of the office.
· XYZ Family Center - worked with physicians and residents to treat outpatient adult internal medicine patients.
|Geo Medical Association, Houston, Texas
Physician's Assistant, 1987 - 1999
|Provided patient care under the direct responsibility and supervision of a physician, while participating on the interdisciplinary team (eight physicians and three physician assistants) for this HMO clinic.
· Practiced internal medicine, family practice, and endocrinology.
· Served as the diabetic educator.
- Assisted in creating and implementing the first educational class on diabetes.
- Maintained sole responsibility for organizing and orchestrating weekly programs with up to 25 participants
- Provided education on the disease process, complications, and treatment.
- Facilitated information and recommended dietary and activity programs to better manage diabetes.
|· American Association of Physician's Assistants
· Texas Association of Physician's Assistants
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
|Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
Bachelor of Science, 1987
|University of Houston, Houston, Texas
Bachelor of Science, General Studies, 1983
|· Licensed by the State of Texas and Certified by the NCCPA as a Physician's Assistant|
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Physician's Assistant Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need to prepare a cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for a job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Physician's Assistant resume sample.