Plant Manager Resume Sample
The combined resume format combines the elements of the reverse chronological resume and functional resume types. This increasingly popular resume format is the most flexible, allowing you to highlight those sections of your resume that are most relevant to your career objective. Check the combined resume advantages & disadvantages.
THE PLANT MANAGER RESUME SAMPLE PROVIDES STYLISTIC IDEAS THAT YOU MAY USE IN YOUR RESUME
City, ST ZipCode, Country
|GENERAL PLANT MANAGEMENT|
|Business Unit Manager offering 25+ years of experience working for both world-class aerospace organizations in both the private and government sectors. Senior staff member holding a ISO-9000 Internal Auditor Certification with notable achievements administering multiple units consisting of operations, production finance and process management, contract, order administration and material management. Strengths in supply chain management, strategic sourcing, J.I.T., KanBan, and MRP/MPS. Fluent in Contractors Purchasing Systems Review (CPSR) with extensive background in multiple systems required to interface with and ensure government contract and other aerospace compliance. Comfortable working in both vertically and horizontally integrated environments.|
|•||MS Office, MS Windows 2000, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Cincom, Visibility, GEMS.|
Lincoln Aerospace, Macon, GA
1999 - Present
|Business Unit and Product Line Manager|
|- Senior staff member reporting directly to Vice President and General Manager with oversight of Operations, Programs Management and the Finance Business Units. |
- Maintained accountability for 100+ employees and $50,000,000 in annual sales to Boeing Commercial Airplane Company.
- Oversaw production, profit line P&L, quality, manufacturing engineering, contract administration and procurement.
- Selected to oversee the Boeing statement of work and ensure all contractual agreements are met.
- Implemented cost reduction initiatives reducing product cost 20%.
- Reorganized the business from functional departments to product teams.
- Reduced the Repair Station cycle time from 60 days to a 15-day turnaround time.
- Implemented and integrated configuration management system and manufacturing planning systems.
- Managed annual budget and authorized purchases of $45-$50 million per year in highly competitive market.
- Supervised shipment of $75-$100 million worth of product and $45-$50 million worth of purchases annually with an accuracy rate of 98% as of May 2000.
- Negotiated long-term agreements with selected suppliers saving $11 million in 1999 and $3.9 million in 2000.
- Utilized special Ernst & Young and Aerospace Sourcing Methodology to identify family(ies) of parts to send out for quote, resulting in several 2-3-year-long purchasing agreements with world-class suppliers.
- Acted as Materials Manager, overeeing related department heads and making corporate level decisions.
- Charged with providing Charge of Purchase Price Variance Report to main office.
Lincoln Aerospace, Macon, GA
1997 - 1999
|- Served as a senior staff member for a $150M sales aircraft component manufacturing facility acquired by Lincoln Aerospace from Boeing Commercial Airplane Company in 1996. |
- Instrumental in the turnaround business scenario while increasing sales 100%.
- Orchestrated all materiel functions including $100M spend for direct and indirect material, inventory management and production control.
- Implemented lean manufacturing initiatives throughout the business and reduced inventory 25%.
- Purchased cost savings of $3,000,000+ through global strategic sourcing.
- Oversaw and participated in the transition and implementation of Cincom's Control Manufacturing System.
Highland Corporation, Park City, UT
1994 - 1997
|- Served as senior staff member of a business turnaround team responsible for all direct and indirect material purchases. |
- Removed a U.S. Govt. Method C correction action request and a proposal for a business process redesign.
- Accomplished threefold increase in inventory turns at year end, 25% reduction in overhead costs.
- Implemented ISO9001 compliance procedures, reduced purchase order aging with a 10% reduction in material costs.
Geo Materials, Inc., Bismarck, ND
1987 - 1994
|- Retained responsibility for planning, direct and indirect material purchases, material and shop floor control for a design/manufacture business with $60M in sales of commercial aircraft cargo handling and weapon launching systems. |
- Implemented the Cincom MRP system, JIT manufacturing process and supplier strategic sourcing initiative.
- Implemented the JIT cargo systems delivery to Trans National Commercial Aircraft Company.
- Promoted to senior staff member from Production Control Manager position in 1991.
Acme Industries, Pierre, SD
1985 - 1987
|U.S. Commodity Manager|
|- Maintained responsibility for annual spending budget of $19 million for purchase of fasteners, stampings, plastics, and other raw materials. |
- Implemented a two-bin fastener system and contract that netted a $1.5 million savings in 1999.
- Placed contracts at various Aeronautics sites to Kanban raw material as well as reduce raw material expenditures.
- Employed extensive knowledge and experience in sourcing methodology to achieve desired results.
- Assisted in transition from GEMS to Cincom business operating systems.
- Refined statistical processing procedures such as cycle counts and ABC Stratification.
- Designed and implemented the Transactional and Systems Discipline, a departmental protocol that included reclassifying and restratifying items, which was instrumental in achieving a 98% accuracy rate.
Helix International, Utica, NY
1983 - 1985
|Supply Chain Manager|
|- Maintained leadership over all functions of Materials Management function, ensuring compliance with all corporate and governmental regulations over $30 million in sales and $5 million in purchasing. |
- Participated in the Helix Varity Transition Team, which identified and implemented contracts with supply vendors, which resulted in accomplishing an annual savings in materials expenditures of over $6 million.
- Employed negotiation skills, cost reduction techniques and sourcing methodology to accomplish a 6% ($625,000) annual reduction in expenses for 3 consecutive years.
- Participated in 5 strategic sourcing projects. Led sourcing team that accomplished actual savings of 14%.
- Led division team to off-load machine parts using extensive Make-Vs-Buy and Total Cost Analysis Techniques.
Acme Electronics, Hauppauge, NY
1981 - 1983
|- Provided management and leadership for the entire purchasing department of air refueling systems for all aircraft manufacturers. |
- Maintained 100% authority for purchasing aerospace parts and materials in excess of $35 million annually for a company with over $70 million in annual sales.
- Implemented blanket orders for electronic components, which reduced price and acquisition costs while maintaining necessary inventory levels.
- Reduced shortages to the production line by implementing systems to identify potential inventory stock outs.
- Acted as supply chairman of committee on the development and implementation of the procedures and procedural changes necessary to gain U. S. Government approval of the company's purchasing system.
- Implemented intensive dual sourcing program than ensured a constant flow of product.
FJK Corporation, Farmingdale, NY
1978 - 1981
|- Began career as buyer of electromechanical components and progressed to purchasing of all forgings and castings used in 6 different production programs. |
- Promoted, on merit, to positions of Senior Buyer and Purchasing Agent, and to Purchasing Manager.
- Oversaw 30 direct reports, both in purchasing and materials.
- Credited as driving force behind purchasing system approval by the U. S. Government.
Utica College of Syracuse University, Utica, NY
|Bennett Negotiation Skills Training|
Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH
|Various Lucas-sponsored courses|
Mattord Group, New York, NY
|Negotiating Skills Training Course|
SUNY at Old Westbury, Westbury, NY
|Bachelor of Science, Business Administration|
SUNY at Farmingdale, Farmingdale, NY
|A.A.S., Business Administration|
Use the Country Job Search or Job Search in Country job search engines!
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have a difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have a difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Plant Manager Resume Sample Info
To be successful in your country job search and getting jobs you want, you need prepare cover letter and CV or resume which you must email instantly to the prospective employers selected during a job search.
When you receive an invitation to the interview, you may apply for the visa and work permit. Then prepare yourself for job interview and take a look at typical job interview questions, job interview tips and other job search skills.
Follow up the job interview with a thank you letter. Employers regard this as an indication of your final interest in the position.
Good luck with the Plant Manager resume sample.